Linux Archive

Linux Archive (http://www.linux-archive.org/)
-   Ubuntu Studio User (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/)
-   -   Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/697855-building-calf-19-srfftw-h-not-found.html)

Mike Holstein 08-26-2012 01:48 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Mac <ussndmac@charter.net> wrote:

Hi,



So I set off to build the Calf 19 plugins under UbuntuStudio 12.04.



The current sticking point is it can't find srfftw.h from FFTW2.



I have the source for FFTW2 from http://www.fftw.org/download.html and

there's no srfftw.h in there either.



I started this because on another distro (AVLinux) the Calf plugins

include a 12 band EQ which runs quite nice with calfjackhost.



But the eq12 plugin seems to have gone into hiding, have been

unsuccessful in my web searches, thus far.

(other than the picture in this

article:http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/friends-jack )
you can probably grab the ones out of AVlinux. i know, when AVlinux introduced me to the linuxDSP plugs, i grabbed those, and put them in my arsenal. i would either grab those, try for another EQ (since there are plenty, and its just an EQ) or try and look around and contact the maintainer. one place to look for the maintainer's name is in AVlinux. you could also try and catch the AVlinux maintainer on the IRC, or falktx who develops the KXstudio project is quite knowlegable about these things... another great resource is the #opensourcemusicians channel on freenode... cheers!



--

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users



--
MH
mikeholstein.info


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Hartmut Noack 08-26-2012 02:01 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
Am 26.08.2012 15:18, schrieb Mac:
> Hi,
>
> So I set off to build the Calf 19 plugins under UbuntuStudio 12.04.
>
> The current sticking point is it can't find srfftw.h from FFTW2.

I had this error too but installing everything about fftw devel-packages
from Ubuntus repos fixed it.

>
> I have the source for FFTW2 from http://www.fftw.org/download.html and
> there's no srfftw.h in there either.
>
> I started this because on another distro (AVLinux) the Calf plugins
> include a 12 band EQ which runs quite nice with calfjackhost.
>
> But the eq12 plugin seems to have gone into hiding, have been
> unsuccessful in my web searches, thus far.
> (other than the picture in this
> article:http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/friends-jack )
>


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Mac 08-26-2012 02:56 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 10:01 AM, Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@linuxuse.de> wrote:
> Am 26.08.2012 15:18, schrieb Mac:
>> Hi,
>>
>> So I set off to build the Calf 19 plugins under UbuntuStudio 12.04.
>>
>> The current sticking point is it can't find srfftw.h from FFTW2.
>
> I had this error too but installing everything about fftw devel-packages
> from Ubuntus repos fixed it.
>

I've installed everything that looks like it has to do with FFTW,
there's even one called FFTW2-dev.

Any idea which package fixed it for you?

Mac

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Mac 08-26-2012 02:59 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 9:48 AM, Mike Holstein <mikeh789@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 9:18 AM, Mac <ussndmac@charter.net> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> So I set off to build the Calf 19 plugins under UbuntuStudio 12.04.
>>
>> The current sticking point is it can't find srfftw.h from FFTW2.
>>
>> I have the source for FFTW2 from http://www.fftw.org/download.html and
>> there's no srfftw.h in there either.
>>
>> I started this because on another distro (AVLinux) the Calf plugins
>> include a 12 band EQ which runs quite nice with calfjackhost.
>>
>> But the eq12 plugin seems to have gone into hiding, have been
>> unsuccessful in my web searches, thus far.
>> (other than the picture in this
>> article:http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/friends-jack )
>
> you can probably grab the ones out of AVlinux. i know, when AVlinux
> introduced me to the linuxDSP plugs, i grabbed those, and put them in my
> arsenal. i would either grab those, try for another EQ (since there are
> plenty, and its just an EQ) or try and look around and contact the
> maintainer. one place to look for the maintainer's name is in AVlinux. you
> could also try and catch the AVlinux maintainer on the IRC, or falktx who
> develops the KXstudio project is quite knowlegable about these things...
> another great resource is the #opensourcemusicians channel on freenode...
> cheers!
>>

Well I didn't just try to copy it from AVL to UBS...

Using any eq is ok, but I had a system configured for doing tri-amp
output and am trying to duplicate it under UBS. And I am using the eq
in calfjackrack.

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Rob 08-26-2012 03:44 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
On 08/26/2012 10:56 AM, Mac wrote:
>> I had this error too but installing everything about fftw devel-packages
>> from Ubuntus repos fixed it.
> I've installed everything that looks like it has to do with FFTW,
> there's even one called FFTW2-dev.
> Any idea which package fixed it for you?

Can't answer on behalf of Hartmut, but this is in Ubuntu 12.04:

$ apt-file search srfftw.h
sfftw-dev: /usr/include/srfftw.h

$ apt-cache policy sfftw-dev
sfftw-dev:
Installed: (none)
Candidate: 2.1.5-1
Version table:
2.1.5-1 0
500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386
Packages

So as long as you have the universe repos enabled, it sounds like
sfftw-dev is the way to go.

Rob


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Mac 08-26-2012 04:51 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Rob <lau@kudla.org> wrote:
> On 08/26/2012 10:56 AM, Mac wrote:
>>> I had this error too but installing everything about fftw devel-packages
>>> from Ubuntus repos fixed it.
>> I've installed everything that looks like it has to do with FFTW,
>> there's even one called FFTW2-dev.
>> Any idea which package fixed it for you?
>
> Can't answer on behalf of Hartmut, but this is in Ubuntu 12.04:
>
> $ apt-file search srfftw.h
> sfftw-dev: /usr/include/srfftw.h
>
> $ apt-cache policy sfftw-dev
> sfftw-dev:
> Installed: (none)
> Candidate: 2.1.5-1
> Version table:
> 2.1.5-1 0
> 500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386
> Packages
>
> So as long as you have the universe repos enabled, it sounds like
> sfftw-dev is the way to go.
>

Thanks that's what I needed. Didn't know about apt-file, noted for future work.

So it build and installed...but , no eq12 which is why I'm on the
chase to begin with.

Frustrated. :(

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Mac 08-26-2012 04:53 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 11:44 AM, Rob <lau@kudla.org> wrote:
> On 08/26/2012 10:56 AM, Mac wrote:
>>> I had this error too but installing everything about fftw devel-packages
>>> from Ubuntus repos fixed it.
>> I've installed everything that looks like it has to do with FFTW,
>> there's even one called FFTW2-dev.
>> Any idea which package fixed it for you?
>
> Can't answer on behalf of Hartmut, but this is in Ubuntu 12.04:
>
> $ apt-file search srfftw.h
> sfftw-dev: /usr/include/srfftw.h
>
> $ apt-cache policy sfftw-dev
> sfftw-dev:
> Installed: (none)
> Candidate: 2.1.5-1
> Version table:
> 2.1.5-1 0
> 500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/universe i386
> Packages
>
> So as long as you have the universe repos enabled, it sounds like
> sfftw-dev is the way to go.
>
Thanks that's what I needed. Didn't know about apt-file, noted for future work.

So it built and installed...but , no eq12 which is why I'm on the
chase to begin with.

Frustrated. :(

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Ralf Mardorf 08-26-2012 05:56 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
Some shots in the dark, since I don't have time to compile it myself at the moment.



First of all, did you run "sudo ldconfig" each time after installing what ever is needed?

If you didn't miss to run ldconfig all the times, did you install all optional dependencies?

Are the paths for LV2 and LADSPA set correctly?

Dunno if there are already issues regarding to a host? Nedko announced to stop LV2 support .

Did you also try the download this version from here? http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/calf/index.php?g2_itemId=81 [1]



Regards,

Ralf



[1]

[spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ wget http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/calf/calf/0.0.18.6/calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz

[spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ tar xzvf calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz

[spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ cat calf-0.0.18.6/INSTALL

To compile and install Calf, you need:



- POSIX-compliant operating system

- G++ version 4.0 or higher (tested with 4.1.3)

- GTK+2 headers and libraries (glib 2.10, gtk+ 2.12)



Optional but recommended:

- JACK header and libraries (tested with 0.109.0)

- LADSPA header

- DSSI header

- LV2 core


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Mac 08-26-2012 06:10 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> Some shots in the dark, since I don't have time to compile it myself at the
> moment.
>
> First of all, did you run "sudo ldconfig" each time after installing what
> ever is needed?
> If you didn't miss to run ldconfig all the times, did you install all
> optional dependencies?
> Are the paths for LV2 and LADSPA set correctly?
> Dunno if there are already issues regarding to a host? Nedko announced to
> stop LV2 support .
> Did you also try the download this version from here?
> http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/calf/index.php?g2_itemId=81 [1]
>
> Regards,
> Ralf
>
> [1]
> [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ wget
> http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/calf/calf/0.0.18.6/calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz
> [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ tar xzvf calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz
> [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ cat calf-0.0.18.6/INSTALL
> To compile and install Calf, you need:
>
> - POSIX-compliant operating system
> - G++ version 4.0 or higher (tested with 4.1.3)
> - GTK+2 headers and libraries (glib 2.10, gtk+ 2.12)
>
> Optional but recommended:
> - JACK header and libraries (tested with 0.109.0)
> - LADSPA header
> - DSSI header
> - LV2 core
>
> --
> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>

I actually got Calf 19.

The have now run configure -enable-experimental, make and sudo make install.

But, for some reason calfjackhost still sees only the original few plugins.

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

Ralf Mardorf 08-26-2012 06:13 PM

Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found
 
On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 14:10 -0400, Mac wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > Some shots in the dark, since I don't have time to compile it myself at the
> > moment.
> >
> > First of all, did you run "sudo ldconfig" each time after installing what
> > ever is needed?
> > If you didn't miss to run ldconfig all the times, did you install all
> > optional dependencies?
> > Are the paths for LV2 and LADSPA set correctly?
> > Dunno if there are already issues regarding to a host? Nedko announced to
> > stop LV2 support .
> > Did you also try the download this version from here?
> > http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/calf/index.php?g2_itemId=81 [1]
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ralf
> >
> > [1]
> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ wget
> > http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/calf/calf/0.0.18.6/calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz
> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ tar xzvf calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz
> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ cat calf-0.0.18.6/INSTALL
> > To compile and install Calf, you need:
> >
> > - POSIX-compliant operating system
> > - G++ version 4.0 or higher (tested with 4.1.3)
> > - GTK+2 headers and libraries (glib 2.10, gtk+ 2.12)
> >
> > Optional but recommended:
> > - JACK header and libraries (tested with 0.109.0)
> > - LADSPA header
> > - DSSI header
> > - LV2 core
> >
> > --
> > Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> > Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> > Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> > https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
> >
>
> I actually got Calf 19.
>
> The have now run configure -enable-experimental, make and sudo make install.
>
> But, for some reason calfjackhost still sees only the original few plugins.

If you now run "sudo ldconfig", what happens after doing this?
http://linux.die.net/man/8/ldconfig




--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:16 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.