Old 08-26-2012, 06:17 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Building Calf 19, srfftw.h not found

On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 14:10 -0400, Mac wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > Some shots in the dark, since I don't have time to compile it myself at the
> > moment.
> >
> > First of all, did you run "sudo ldconfig" each time after installing what
> > ever is needed?
> > If you didn't miss to run ldconfig all the times, did you install all
> > optional dependencies?
> > Are the paths for LV2 and LADSPA set correctly?
> > Dunno if there are already issues regarding to a host? Nedko announced to
> > stop LV2 support .
> > Did you also try the download this version from here?
> > http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/calf/index.php?g2_itemId=81 [1]
> >
> > Regards,
> > Ralf
> >
> > [1]
> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ wget
> > http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/calf/calf/0.0.18.6/calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz
> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ tar xzvf calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz
> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ cat calf-0.0.18.6/INSTALL
> > To compile and install Calf, you need:
> >
> > - POSIX-compliant operating system
> > - G++ version 4.0 or higher (tested with 4.1.3)
> > - GTK+2 headers and libraries (glib 2.10, gtk+ 2.12)
> >
> > Optional but recommended:
> > - JACK header and libraries (tested with 0.109.0)
> > - LADSPA header
> > - DSSI header
> > - LV2 core
> >
> > --
> >

> I actually got Calf 19.
>
> The have now run configure -enable-experimental, make and sudo make install.
>
> But, for some reason calfjackhost still sees only the original few plugins.

PS: It has nothing to do with your trouble, but you should test sudo
checkinstall next time, instead of sudo make install, if you won't build
a Debian package by other methods, checkinstall often works and you
don't need to do the packaging yourself.

Old 08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
Mac

On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 2:17 PM, Ralf Mardorf
<ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 14:10 -0400, Mac wrote:
>> On Sun, Aug 26, 2012 at 1:56 PM, Ralf Mardorf
>> <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
>> > Some shots in the dark, since I don't have time to compile it myself at the
>> > moment.
>> >
>> > First of all, did you run "sudo ldconfig" each time after installing what
>> > ever is needed?
>> > If you didn't miss to run ldconfig all the times, did you install all
>> > optional dependencies?
>> > Are the paths for LV2 and LADSPA set correctly?
>> > Dunno if there are already issues regarding to a host? Nedko announced to
>> > stop LV2 support .
>> > Did you also try the download this version from here?
>> > http://sourceforge.net/apps/gallery/calf/index.php?g2_itemId=81 [1]
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Ralf
>> >
>> > [1]
>> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ wget
>> > http://garr.dl.sourceforge.net/project/calf/calf/0.0.18.6/calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz
>> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ tar xzvf calf-0.0.18.6.tar.gz
>> > [spinymouse@archlinux Desktop]$ cat calf-0.0.18.6/INSTALL
>> > To compile and install Calf, you need:
>> >
>> > - POSIX-compliant operating system
>> > - G++ version 4.0 or higher (tested with 4.1.3)
>> > - GTK+2 headers and libraries (glib 2.10, gtk+ 2.12)
>> >
>> > Optional but recommended:
>> > - JACK header and libraries (tested with 0.109.0)
>> > - LADSPA header
>> > - DSSI header
>> > - LV2 core
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> I actually got Calf 19.
>>
>> The have now run configure -enable-experimental, make and sudo make install.
>>
>> But, for some reason calfjackhost still sees only the original few plugins.
>
> PS: It has nothing to do with your trouble, but you should test sudo
> checkinstall next time, instead of sudo make install, if you won't build
> a Debian package by other methods, checkinstall often works and you
> don't need to do the packaging yourself.

"sudo checkinstall" says command not found

"sudo ldconfig" produces no output

Old 08-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 14:51 -0400, Mac wrote:
> "sudo checkinstall" says command not found

It's not installed, but you don't need it, it's just a recommendation to
build a package instead of installing it without a package. It should be
available by Synaptic.

> "sudo ldconfig" produces no output

That's correct, "ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the
most recent shared libraries", but without being verbose.

It could be that the links were missing and perhaps now it's ok. Is
EQ-12 available now?

Regards,
Ralf

Old 08-26-2012, 09:18 PM
Hartmut Noack

Am 26.08.2012 21:33, schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
> On Sun, 2012-08-26 at 14:51 -0400, Mac wrote:
>> "sudo checkinstall" says command not found
>
> It's not installed, but you don't need it, it's just a recommendation to
> build a package instead of installing it without a package. It should be
> available by Synaptic.
>
>> "sudo ldconfig" produces no output
>
> That's correct, "ldconfig creates the necessary links and cache to the
> most recent shared libraries", but without being verbose.
>
> It could be that the links were missing and perhaps now it's ok. Is
> EQ-12 available now?
I at least got it, it is part of CALF-git for some time now and it works
OK for me...

Old 08-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Mac

No, for some reason only the original plugins are available. Did you use the --enable-experimental option?