FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 08-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Set Hallstrom
 
Default Ubuntu Studio precise pangolin 12.04.1 RCs on ISO tracker

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Thanks for your answer! I have found an alternative spot with very
fast connection, so hopefully i'll be able to give you a repport soon
enough

Have a good day/night all!

*Set

On 08/22/2012 09:30 AM, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
> Hi Set.
>
> It is now a bit difficult to download the ISO using torrent. I
> looked at
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/precise/dvd/current/ and
> there's no such link.
>
> BTW, I'll give the direct links of the ISO here.
>
> amd64:
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/precise/dvd/current/precise-dvd-amd64.iso
>
>
i386:
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/precise/dvd/current/precise-dvd-i386.iso
>
> We need your help. Thanks!
>
> Regards, Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)
>
> 2012/8/22 Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer@gmail.com
> <mailto:sakrecoer@gmail.com>>
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm willing to help. Problem is my bandwidth is quite poor. Is
> there a torrent link available? If it's just for me, don't bother
> setting it up, i'm sure i can squat someone's connection early
> enough to bring you feedback. I'm just wondering as it would make
> things considerably more easy for me.
>
> Thanks!
>
> *Set
>
> On 08/21/2012 07:55 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:
>> this is where we need the tests to be completed from
>
>> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds
>
>> thanks!
>
>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Stuart McQuade
>> <stuart.mcquade@yahoo.com <mailto:stuart.mcquade@yahoo.com>
> <mailto:stuart.mcquade@yahoo.com
> <mailto:stuart.mcquade@yahoo.com>>>
>> wrote:
>
>> I actually downloaded the ISO yesterday and am intending to test
>> it tomorrow. If you didn't see my download, does this mean I
>> took it from the wrong place?
>
>> I used this link:
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/precise/dvd/20120818/precise-dvd-i386.iso
>
>
>
>
>> Stuart
>
>> On 21 Aug 2012, at 15:28, Ho Wan Chan wrote:
>
>>> Hi guys.
>>>
>>> We really need some assistance in testing for the Ubuntu
>>> Studio 12.04.1 RC images.
>>>
>>> I saw in the ISO QA Tracker [0] today and I found that only me
>>> and len-ovenwerks (len-dt on Freenode) have tested the Ubuntu
>>> Studio images till today. This is not enough to build a strong
>>> report. We need more people to ensure the build is bug-free
>>> before we release it on 23/8/2013.
>>>
>>> If you do have time, please help to test the ISO images before
>>> releasing in Thursday. Report your results in the ISO QA
>>> Tracker. We don't enforce you to help, but by testing it you
>>> would have helped the Ubuntu Studio team an awful lot.
>>>
>>> We need your support.
>>>
>>> Please go to the Freenode IRC channels listed in [1] to find
>>> support on testing.
>>>
>>> Regards, Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)
>>>
>>> [0] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds
>>> [1]: #ubuntu-qa, #ubuntustudio and #ubuntustudio-devel on
>>> irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net>
>>> <http://irc.freenode.net/>
>>>
>>> 2012/8/19 Janne Jokitalo <astraljava@kapsi.fi
> <mailto:astraljava@kapsi.fi>
>>> <mailto:astraljava@kapsi.fi <mailto:astraljava@kapsi.fi>>>
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> we once again need your assistance on the release candidates
>>> of our first point release of precise pangolin, 12.04.1. The
>>> testing is tracked on the ISO tracker [0], and as usual, we
>>> have the dvd image for both archs (i386 and amd64).
>>>
>>> If you have time, please help us make sure the images are of
>>> the usual ubuntu quality. Should you have questions or
>>> problems, please do not hesitate to voice them by responding to
>>> this email, or on the IRC chatrooms [1].
>>>
>>> Looking forward to your contributions, huge thanks in advance!
>>>
>>> [0]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds
>>> [1]: #ubuntustudio and #ubuntustudio-devel on irc.freenode.net
> <http://irc.freenode.net>
>>> <http://irc.freenode.net/>
>>>
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>>
>>> -- Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net <http://freenode.net>
> <http://freenode.net/>)
>>>
>>>
>>>

>
> -- Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or
> unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>
>
>
>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJQNNKnAAoJEG+YLMl4nfuchHMH/itN0QW207XncJU8gXdWVj4A
RMNEZnz1d8rT3+fzFlJ+e/l2jAsXHaHMEocD9uhNOtNJGOGYzkE65ObTAkTqkRDv
ojkwX+XcJTmU37KV20cDumgavdOdum/KRS0InxcpuCM4dr7kaOPQxk5BU7m40i1Z
MP2cCCF1mXZF4ebZfruqCGXw/VsKR+jIg9lnbBOSbywaSxwLFhA0McZz5ukVJO4Z
V3og/dA0ZSwBVf8/prQGYk8eflEtUPxRxSUaY53aES/2/82+8MTjry3orIvqclOU
RXYAy/MreabFfamsU/ZBfpybPWD+eR4XwtUk4zHfg6wbS2JarqMQ2iyir5ngp4Y=
=NA0l
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Mike Holstein
 
Default Ubuntu Studio precise pangolin 12.04.1 RCs on ISO tracker

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 8:37 AM, Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer@gmail.com> wrote:

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hash: SHA1



Thanks for your answer! I have found an alternative spot with very

fast connection, so hopefully i'll be able to give you a repport soon

enough


thanks so much for your help... it would be challenging to maintain torrents for these isos as they might change. if there were issues or errors, and we had the iso rebuilt, we would have to "re-seed" the torrents... i wouldnt expect these torrents to ever have very many seeders either as the only reason to have or want to have them is just to test. i remember downloading them, and starting testing, and then noticing new ones had been pushed out.. that was a fun afternoon... but, again, we appreciate all you can do to help us with QA testing... feel free to come on the irc and "check in" with the other testers so you can prevent duplication of efforts.

Have a good day/night all!



*Set



On 08/22/2012 09:30 AM, Ho Wan Chan wrote:

> Hi Set.

>

> It is now a bit difficult to download the ISO using torrent. I

> looked at

> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/precise/dvd/current/ and

> there's no such link.

>

> BTW, I'll give the direct links of the ISO here.

>

> amd64:

> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/precise/dvd/current/precise-dvd-amd64.iso

>

>

i386:

> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/precise/dvd/current/precise-dvd-i386.iso

>

> *We need your help. Thanks!

>

> Regards, Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)

>

> 2012/8/22 Set Hallstrom <sakrecoer@gmail.com

> <mailto:sakrecoer@gmail.com>>

>

> Hi,

>

> I'm willing to help. Problem is my bandwidth is quite poor. Is

> there a torrent link available? If it's just for me, don't bother

> setting it up, i'm sure i can squat someone's connection early

> enough to bring you feedback. I'm just wondering as it would make

> things considerably more easy for me.

>

> Thanks!

>

> *Set

>

> On 08/21/2012 07:55 PM, Mike Holstein wrote:

>> this is where we need the tests to be completed from

>

>> http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds

>

>> thanks!

>

>> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM, Stuart McQuade

>> <stuart.mcquade@yahoo.com <mailto:stuart.mcquade@yahoo.com>

> <mailto:stuart.mcquade@yahoo.com

> <mailto:stuart.mcquade@yahoo.com>>>

>> wrote:

>

>> I actually downloaded the ISO yesterday and am intending to test

>> it tomorrow. If you didn't see my download, does this mean I

>> took it from the wrong place?

>

>> I used this link:

>

> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/precise/dvd/20120818/precise-dvd-i386.iso

>

>

>

>

>> Stuart

>

>> On 21 Aug 2012, at 15:28, Ho Wan Chan wrote:

>

>>> Hi guys.

>>>

>>> We really need some assistance in testing for the Ubuntu

>>> Studio 12.04.1 RC images.

>>>

>>> I saw in the ISO QA Tracker [0] today and I found that only me

>>> and len-ovenwerks (len-dt on Freenode) have tested the Ubuntu

>>> Studio images till today. This is not enough to build a strong

>>> report. We need more people to ensure the build is bug-free

>>> before we release it on 23/8/2013.

>>>

>>> If you do have time, please help to test the ISO images before

>>> releasing in Thursday. Report your results in the ISO QA

>>> Tracker. We don't enforce you to help, but by testing it you

>>> would have helped the Ubuntu Studio team an awful lot.

>>>

>>> We need your support.

>>>

>>> Please go to the Freenode IRC channels listed in [1] to find

>>> support on testing.

>>>

>>> Regards, Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)

>>>

>>> [0] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds

>>> [1]: #ubuntu-qa, #ubuntustudio and #ubuntustudio-devel on

>>> irc.freenode.net <http://irc.freenode.net>

>>> <http://irc.freenode.net/>

>>>

>>> 2012/8/19 Janne Jokitalo <astraljava@kapsi.fi

> <mailto:astraljava@kapsi.fi>

>>> <mailto:astraljava@kapsi.fi <mailto:astraljava@kapsi.fi>>>

>>>

>>> Hi,

>>>

>>> we once again need your assistance on the release candidates

>>> of our first point release of precise pangolin, 12.04.1. The

>>> testing is tracked on the ISO tracker [0], and as usual, we

>>> have the dvd image for both archs (i386 and amd64).

>>>

>>> If you have time, please help us make sure the images are of

>>> the usual ubuntu quality. Should you have questions or

>>> problems, please do not hesitate to voice them by responding to

>>> this email, or on the IRC chatrooms [1].

>>>

>>> Looking forward to your contributions, huge thanks in advance!

>>>

>>> [0]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds

>>> [1]: #ubuntustudio and #ubuntustudio-devel on irc.freenode.net

> <http://irc.freenode.net>

>>> <http://irc.freenode.net/>

>>>

>>>

>>> Best regards,

>>>

>>> -- Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net <http://freenode.net>

> <http://freenode.net/>)

>>>

>>>

>>>



>

> -- Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

> <mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com> Modify settings or

> unsubscribe at:

> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

>

>

>

>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)

Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/



iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJQNNKnAAoJEG+YLMl4nfuchHMH/itN0QW207XncJU8gXdWVj4A

RMNEZnz1d8rT3+fzFlJ+e/l2jAsXHaHMEocD9uhNOtNJGOGYzkE65ObTAkTqkRDv

ojkwX+XcJTmU37KV20cDumgavdOdum/KRS0InxcpuCM4dr7kaOPQxk5BU7m40i1Z

MP2cCCF1mXZF4ebZfruqCGXw/VsKR+jIg9lnbBOSbywaSxwLFhA0McZz5ukVJO4Z

V3og/dA0ZSwBVf8/prQGYk8eflEtUPxRxSUaY53aES/2/82+8MTjry3orIvqclOU

RXYAy/MreabFfamsU/ZBfpybPWD+eR4XwtUk4zHfg6wbS2JarqMQ2iyir5ngp4Y=

=NA0l

-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----



--

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users



--
MH
mikeholstein.info


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-23-2012, 05:54 AM
Ho Wan Chan
 
Default Ubuntu Studio precise pangolin 12.04.1 RCs on ISO tracker

Well, test the iso first. That means jut test if i installs, boots properly, no big issues. We didn't spent a lot of time improving programs, I think*Regards,Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)


2012/8/23 istimsak abdulbasir <saqman2060@gmail.com>

Do we test for confirmation that the system install right and boots with no issues, or do you want us to test the programs as well?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:19 PM, istimsak abdulbasir <saqman2060@gmail.com> wrote:


On 8/21/12, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw@gmail.com> wrote:



> Hi guys.

>

> We really need some assistance in testing for the Ubuntu Studio 12.04.1 RC

> images.

>

> I saw in the ISO QA Tracker [0] today and I found that only me and

> len-ovenwerks (len-dt on Freenode) have tested the Ubuntu Studio images

> till today. This is not enough to build a strong report. We need more

> people to ensure the build is bug-free before we release it on 23/8/2013.

>

>

> If you do have time, please help to test the ISO images before releasing in

> Thursday. Report your results in the ISO QA Tracker. We don't enforce you

> to help, but by testing it you would have helped the Ubuntu Studio team an

> awful lot.

>

> We need your support.

>

> Please go to the Freenode IRC channels listed in [1] to find support on

> testing.

>

> Regards,

> Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)

>



I will help out as much as I can.

> [0] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds

> [1]: #ubuntu-qa, #ubuntustudio and #ubuntustudio-devel on irc.freenode.net

>

> 2012/8/19 Janne Jokitalo <astraljava@kapsi.fi>

>

>> Hi,

>>

>> we once again need your assistance on the release candidates of our first

>> point

>> release of precise pangolin, 12.04.1. The testing is tracked on the ISO

>> tracker

>> [0], and as usual, we have the dvd image for both archs (i386 and amd64).

>>

>> If you have time, please help us make sure the images are of the usual

>> ubuntu

>> quality. Should you have questions or problems, please do not hesitate

>> to

>> voice them by responding to this email, or on the IRC chatrooms [1].

>>

>> Looking forward to your contributions, huge thanks in advance!

>>

>> [0]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds

>> [1]: #ubuntustudio and #ubuntustudio-devel on irc.freenode.net

>>

>>

>> Best regards,

>>

>> --

>> Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)

>>

>>

>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

>>

>> iEYEARECAAYFAlAw6yoACgkQxgcH0NnJT+A8rQCeITg4TAMBfU D6rVYOmhXDrsAp

>> PlkAn0qm6k3+b231dsG+XBw9SR5/T+pq

>> =2iNN

>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

>>

>> --

>> Ubuntu-Studio-devel mailing list

>> Ubuntu-Studio-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-devel

>>

>>

>

y





--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 08-24-2012, 01:11 PM
Ho Wan Chan
 
Default Ubuntu Studio precise pangolin 12.04.1 RCs on ISO tracker

Well, anyway the test has closed. It is now released!

2012/8/24 istimsak abdulbasir <saqman2060@gmail.com>



On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw@gmail.com> wrote:


Well, test the iso first. That means jut test if i installs, boots properly, no big issues. We didn't spent a lot of time improving programs, I think*Regards,
Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)

In that case, the test was a success. The system installed without issues, boots smoothly, and the live session worked fine. I like the fact ubuntustudio is using the XFCE DE instead of unity. This leaves more processing power for editing apps. Good OS. Hope this helps?*



2012/8/23 istimsak abdulbasir <saqman2060@gmail.com>


Do we test for confirmation that the system install right and boots with no issues, or do you want us to test the programs as well?

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 6:19 PM, istimsak abdulbasir <saqman2060@gmail.com> wrote:




On 8/21/12, Ho Wan Chan <smartboyhw@gmail.com> wrote:





> Hi guys.

>

> We really need some assistance in testing for the Ubuntu Studio 12.04.1 RC

> images.

>

> I saw in the ISO QA Tracker [0] today and I found that only me and

> len-ovenwerks (len-dt on Freenode) have tested the Ubuntu Studio images

> till today. This is not enough to build a strong report. We need more

> people to ensure the build is bug-free before we release it on 23/8/2013.

>

>

> If you do have time, please help to test the ISO images before releasing in

> Thursday. Report your results in the ISO QA Tracker. We don't enforce you

> to help, but by testing it you would have helped the Ubuntu Studio team an

> awful lot.

>

> We need your support.

>

> Please go to the Freenode IRC channels listed in [1] to find support on

> testing.

>

> Regards,

> Howard Chan (smartboyhw @ Freenode)

>



I will help out as much as I can.

> [0] http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds

> [1]: #ubuntu-qa, #ubuntustudio and #ubuntustudio-devel on irc.freenode.net

>

> 2012/8/19 Janne Jokitalo <astraljava@kapsi.fi>

>

>> Hi,

>>

>> we once again need your assistance on the release candidates of our first

>> point

>> release of precise pangolin, 12.04.1. The testing is tracked on the ISO

>> tracker

>> [0], and as usual, we have the dvd image for both archs (i386 and amd64).

>>

>> If you have time, please help us make sure the images are of the usual

>> ubuntu

>> quality. Should you have questions or problems, please do not hesitate

>> to

>> voice them by responding to this email, or on the IRC chatrooms [1].

>>

>> Looking forward to your contributions, huge thanks in advance!

>>

>> [0]: http://iso.qa.ubuntu.com/qatracker/milestones/230/builds

>> [1]: #ubuntustudio and #ubuntustudio-devel on irc.freenode.net

>>

>>

>> Best regards,

>>

>> --

>> Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)

>>

>>

>> -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----

>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.10 (GNU/Linux)

>>

>> iEYEARECAAYFAlAw6yoACgkQxgcH0NnJT+A8rQCeITg4TAMBfU D6rVYOmhXDrsAp

>> PlkAn0qm6k3+b231dsG+XBw9SR5/T+pq

>> =2iNN

>> -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

>>

>> --

>> Ubuntu-Studio-devel mailing list

>> Ubuntu-Studio-devel@lists.ubuntu.com

>> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:

>> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-devel

>>

>>

>

y









--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 12:10 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org