-   -   linuxsampler (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/690573-linuxsampler.html)

Doug Regehr 08-04-2012 03:43 PM

linuxsampler

How do I install linuxsampler on UbuntuStudio 12.04 amd64? When I do
"sudo apt-get install linuxsampler" I get this response:

Package linuxsampler is not available, but is referred to by another
package.

is only available from another source

Strangely, I can install qsampler just fine...but of course it doesn't
run without linuxsampler. What is the recommended way to get
linuxsampler? Compile it from source? Install it from a PPA?

bart deruyter 08-04-2012 04:06 PM

linuxsampler

Aparently, due to licensing issues (I don't know the details), linuxsampler is not included in ubuntu's repositories. That was the case a couple of years ago at least. I don't know if that's still the issue.

You do can get it from kx-studio's ppa though, that's where I get it from.
Grtz,Barthttp://www.bartart3d.be/

On facebook
On Twitter
On Identi.ca