-   -   XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio? (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/690046-xfce-4-10-ubuntu-studio.html)

Gustavo Sansone 08-02-2012 09:02 PM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

are there any plan for update to the new xfce 4.10 on regular updates?
anyone who has updated thru ppa?

--
g.sansone

Leonardo Palomares 08-02-2012 09:37 PM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Gustavo Sansone <gsansone@eumus.edu.uy> wrote:

are there any plan for update to the new xfce 4.10 on regular updates?
it won't
see https://launchpad.net/~xubuntu-dev/+archive/xfce-4.10

from thiat page: "The first Xubuntu release to feature Xfce 4.10 will be Xubuntu 12.10 (Quantal Quetzal)"

anyone who has updated thru ppa?
thinking of doing it........

Ralf Mardorf 08-05-2012 11:23 AM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 18:02 -0300, Gustavo Sansone wrote:
> are there any plan for update to the new xfce 4.10 on regular updates?
> anyone who has updated thru ppa?

I'm using it on Arch Linux. It's ok. There were issues for the theme
when sing Evolution (a GNOME mail client), but there are no issues
anymore.

On US Precise I use the official packaged version of Xfce.

Gustavo Sansone 08-05-2012 11:41 PM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

Thanks for the suggestion about PPA, that's what i'm going to do.
However, when asked about 4.10 i was thinkin of having the upgrade into
official repositories. it would be great to have this kind of upgrade on
an LTS version of US.

g.sansone

[3]> wrote:

are there any plan for update to the new xfce 4.10 on regular
updates?

anyone who has updated thru ppa?

--
g.sansone

Links:
------
[1] mailto:Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
[3] mailto:gsansone@eumus.edu.uy

Beppe Zupa 08-08-2012 02:46 PM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

hi,
i've installed it on my laptop with the latest ubuntustudio, but it seems to crash a lot, and the exit button doesn't plays.
how may i return to the official version of xfce?

thanks in advance.

Beppe

Mike Holstein 08-08-2012 02:50 PM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

On Aug 8, 2012 10:47 AM, "Beppe Zupa" <beppe@zupa.it> wrote:

> hi,

> i've installed it on my laptop with the latest ubuntustudio, but it seems to crash a lot, and the exit button doesn't plays.

> how may i return to the official version of xfce?

I would try to purge-ppa

Ralf Mardorf 08-10-2012 12:18 PM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 10:50 -0400, Mike Holstein wrote:

> On Aug 8, 2012 10:47 AM, "Beppe Zupa" <beppe@zupa.it> wrote:
> >
> > hi,
> > i've installed it on my laptop with the latest ubuntustudio, but it
> seems to crash a lot, and the exit button doesn't plays.
> > how may i return to the official version of xfce?
> >

> I would try to purge-ppa

You can easily downgrade packages using Synaptic. Hopefully there are
not tons of dependencies that need a downgrade too. Didn't you backup
Ubuntu Studio before you upgraded? If I were you, I would restore Ubuntu
Studio from a backup.

Regards,
Ralf

Beppe Zupa 08-10-2012 06:50 PM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

no backup.... sigh...
thanks

Mike Holstein 08-10-2012 06:56 PM

XFCE 4.10 on ubuntu studio?

purge-ppa is the tool.. assuming you added a ppa to upgrade XFCE... when you purge-ppa you are downgrading all packages, and removing the new source.*
http://www.webupd8.org/2010/08/ppa-purge-added-to-official-ubuntu-1010.html

you can do this from the command line if XFCE is not booting.. you can also install *any* other environment, like LXDE, and repair and purge... good luck!
not to kick you out of this list, or the ubuntu studio avenues of support, but, if you want to "cast a wider net" so to speak, your issue is *not* ubuntustudio specific, so you can ask in more general ubuntu avenues... enjoy!

On Wed, 2012-08-08 at 10:50 -0400, Mike Holstein wrote:

> On Aug 8, 2012 10:47 AM, "Beppe Zupa" <beppe@zupa.it> wrote:

> > hi,

> > i've installed it on my laptop with the latest ubuntustudio, but it

> seems to crash a lot, and the exit button doesn't plays.

> > how may i return to the official version of xfce?

> I would try to purge-ppa

You can easily downgrade packages using Synaptic. Hopefully there are

not tons of dependencies that need a downgrade too. Didn't you backup

Ubuntu Studio before you upgraded? If I were you, I would restore Ubuntu

Studio from a backup.

Regards,

Ralf

MH