Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM
Thomas Orgis

Default Audio interface analysis (AD/DA performance, preamp quality)

Hi folks,

just a quick and hopefully easy question: What tool is there for Linux/JACK to do measurements of audio interface performance, comparable to what RightMark Audio Analyzer does? I'd like to measure data as displayed on

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/20080728/44k.htm

(at best a comparable methodology since RMAA seems to be some kind of standard for this).

Of course I can generate some sine waves & sweeps and write programs to compare WAVs, but for sure there is some tool for GNU/Linux that has the procedure automated already, right?

Another "of course": Of course, I'd like the computed spectral data not only pictures but also as plain (ASCII) data, p.ex. to be able to subtract spectra to determine what a microphone does on its own before entering a specific preamp.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

PS: And if you have used that program already, I'd be interested in comparing performance measurements of my low-grade stuff with your high-end gear;-)

Old 08-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Thijs van severen

[...]

Hi Thomas
i cant help you with this *:-Sbut if you dont get any reaction from this list i would suggest asking your question on LAD (i know that there are several people on that list that have experience with measurements and stuff like that)

grtzThijs
--

follow me on my*Audio & Linux blog !