-   -   Problems on fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/677494-problems-fresh-install-ubuntu-12-04-a.html)

Stefano Vettorazzi Campos 06-26-2012 08:53 PM

Problems on fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04

Hi. I've recently installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04 but it didn't start Jack.

I've found the solution:
*-* I've added my user to audio group

*- and renamed the file audio.conf.disabled (etc/security/limits.d) to audio.conf

*- Logout and Login. Now Jack is working.

Have someone access to the distribution for fix it?

P.S.: Ubuntu Studio 12.04 is great!

Scott Lavender 06-26-2012 09:13 PM

Problems on fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04

Hi. I've recently installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04 but it didn't start Jack.

I've found the solution:
*-* I've added my user to audio group

*- and renamed the file audio.conf.disabled (etc/security/limits.d) to audio.conf

*- Logout and Login. Now Jack is working.

Have someone access to the distribution for fix it?

P.S.: Ubuntu Studio 12.04 is great!

Hi Stefano,
I would like to ask how you installed Ubuntu Studio 12.04.
If you downloaded the official Ubuntu Studio image (0) to install, these setting should have been automatically set. If, however, you were to install the Ubuntu Studio packages on top of an existing Ubuntu install, then you would need to change the settings as you have described.

And thank you for the kind comments about Ubuntu Studio being great :)
Cheers,ScottL

(0)*http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntustudio/releases/precise/release/

Stefano Vettorazzi Campos 06-28-2012 01:02 PM

Problems on fresh install of Ubuntu 12.04

Hi Scott,

yes. I've downloaded the image some weeks ago and I've installed Ubuntu Studio from it.
Thank you.