Old 04-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Vadim Hesse

Default ardour-i686

hi.
I have Intel Celeron M and this processor type is maybe i686.
I'm not sure, Wikipedia definition says that Intel Celeron and Intel
Pentium M marked as i686 processors.
Am I right that my processor is i686?

It is possible to use i686 version of ardour?

uname -a:
Linux NBOX 2.6.24-15-rt #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Tue Apr 8 02:25:55 UTC 2008
i686 GNU/Linux

Should this mean, that my kernel is i686 optimized? How was this
possible by installing i386 version of Ubuntu Studio?

Thank you.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:59 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Vadim Hesse a écrit :
> hi.
> I have Intel Celeron M and this processor type is maybe i686.
> I'm not sure, Wikipedia definition says that Intel Celeron and Intel
> Pentium M marked as i686 processors.
> Am I right that my processor is i686?
>
> It is possible to use i686 version of ardour?
>
> uname -a:
> Linux NBOX 2.6.24-15-rt #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Tue Apr 8 02:25:55 UTC 2008
> i686 GNU/Linux
>
> Should this mean, that my kernel is i686 optimized? How was this
> possible by installing i386 version of Ubuntu Studio?
>
> Thank you.

hi,

yes, you're running with a SMP i686 kernel, when you installed ubuntu,
the system detect the kind of cpu you have and install the good kernel
alone.

So, you could use ardour i686.

Good use,

Laurent