Old 04-08-2008, 10:02 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

Default laptop soundcard

Hello guys,

I will be adding some cool bookshelf speakers to my sound setup soon,
but this type of speakers need an amplified signal. So I need a new
soundcard that has this output.

It needs to work with in a linux laptop, preferably with a good
latency line in (just need 1 in and 1 out) and fairly cheap (not top
notch multi features you never use non-sense).
Line in will be for mixxx's vinyl control, and line out for the
obvious hi-fi sound.

Any recomendations?

Luis de Bethencourt

pd: I've seen awesome bookshelf speaker kits...
http://www.dansdata.com/m4kit.htm
but they are only available in australia any recomendations for a european?

--
Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
luisbg

Old 04-08-2008, 10:11 PM
"Kim Burgess"

Why don't you just get an amp? I don't know of any sound card that have an amplified output.
Kim Burgess

P**+353 8 7671 7022
E** contact@kimburgess.info

W**www.kimburgess.info

Old 04-08-2008, 10:15 PM
"simone www.io-sound.org"

My recommendation is NOT to get* a Tascam122

I will be adding some cool bookshelf speakers to my sound setup soon,

but this type of speakers need an amplified signal. So I need a new

soundcard that has this output.

It needs to work with in a linux laptop, preferably with a good

latency line in (just need 1 in and 1 out) and fairly cheap (not top

notch multi features you never use non-sense).

Line in will be for mixxx's vinyl control, and line out for the

obvious hi-fi sound.

Any recomendations?

Luis de Bethencourt

pd: I've seen awesome bookshelf speaker kits...

http://www.dansdata.com/m4kit.htm

but they are only available in australia any recomendations for a european?

--

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį

luisbg

<luisbg@ubuntu.com>

GPG: B0ED1326

.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be accepted and/or viewed.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:21 PM
"Toby Smithe"

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 11:02 PM, Luis de Bethencourt <luisbg@ubuntu.com> wrote:
> Hello guys,
>
> I will be adding some cool bookshelf speakers to my sound setup soon,
> but this type of speakers need an amplified signal. So I need a new
> soundcard that has this output.
>
> It needs to work with in a linux laptop, preferably with a good
> latency line in (just need 1 in and 1 out) and fairly cheap (not top
> notch multi features you never use non-sense).
> Line in will be for mixxx's vinyl control, and line out for the
> obvious hi-fi sound.
>
> Any recomendations?

If you've still got one of those ancient laptops, as I do, with a
PCMCIA slot, I recommend the Audigy 2 ZS. Sounds pretty decent on the
out, but I've never tested the in.

Now, if only I could find mine. I know I put it in one of these boxes...

Old 04-08-2008, 10:28 PM

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 22:15:01 +0000
"simone www.io-sound.org" <cimo75@gmail.com> wrote:

> My recommendation is NOT to get a Tascam122
>
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:02 PM, Luis de Bethencourt
> <luisbg@ubuntu.com> wrote:
>
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > I will be adding some cool bookshelf speakers to my sound setup
> > soon, but this type of speakers need an amplified signal. So I need
> > a new soundcard that has this output.
> >
> > It needs to work with in a linux laptop, preferably with a good
> > latency line in (just need 1 in and 1 out) and fairly cheap (not top
> > notch multi features you never use non-sense).
> > Line in will be for mixxx's vinyl control, and line out for the
> > obvious hi-fi sound.
> >
> > Any recomendations?
> >
> > Luis de Bethencourt
> >
> > pd: I've seen awesome bookshelf speaker kits...
> > http://www.dansdata.com/m4kit.htm
> > but they are only available in australia any recomendations for a
> > european?
> >
> > --
> > Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
> > luisbg
> > <luisbg@ubuntu.com>
> > GPG: B0ED1326
> >
> > --

I'd personally probably get active speakers. Tell me if you find some
nice ones
However, if your current soundcard is insufficient that alone won't
help.
I got me the edirol UA-25, which is in about the same league as the
tascam-122, usb 2 channel, and it works fine as far as I can tell,
but, it may have too many features for your needs.
Others in the same league are the alesis io2 I think and at least one
other were I can't remember the name. Maybe you can find my thread at
the lau list.

Best Regards,
Philipp

Old 04-08-2008, 10:37 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

Normal line level output, yes. Studio/Bookshelf speakers cant be
pluged in to the minijack sound output a laptop has (macbook in my
case).

Sorry if I dont know the terminology in english of this kind of hardware.

Luis

Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
"Kim Burgess"

Ah, that makes a little more sense. Is the minijack on a macbook not a line out?
Kim Burgess

P**+353 8 7671 7022
E** contact@kimburgess.info

W**www.kimburgess.info

Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 PM
niko

hi everybody
very cheap
BEHRINGER "U-Control UCA202"
i plan to get one of those and it should work out of the box
greets
nikola

Old 04-08-2008, 10:54 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 12:49 AM, niko <jeremaja.niko@googlemail.com> wrote:
> hi everybody
> very cheap
> BEHRINGER "U-Control UCA202"
> i plan to get one of those and it should work out of the box
> greets
> nikola

nikola, that is just awesome.
any comments?