FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 04-08-2008, 07:29 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"
 
Default missing in the subject

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:25 PM, simone www.io-sound.org
<cimo75@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> hi
> i was wondering why this mailing list hasn t any specific [***] tag in the
> subject ? It is very useful to create filters on my mail box.
> Simone

Ubuntu mailing lists work this way. Create the mailbox filter with the
"from" field.

Luis

> --
> .wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be
> accepted and/or viewed.
> --
> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at:
> https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>
>



--
Luis de Bethencourt Guimerį
luisbg
<luisbg@ubuntu.com>
GPG: B0ED1326

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 04-08-2008, 07:36 PM
Janne Jokitalo
 
Default missing in the subject

On Tue, Apr 08, 2008 at 09:29:52PM +0200, Luis de Bethencourt wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 9:25 PM, simone www.io-sound.org
> <cimo75@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > hi
> > i was wondering why this mailing list hasn t any specific [***] tag in the
> > subject ? It is very useful to create filters on my mail box.
> > Simone
>
> Ubuntu mailing lists work this way. Create the mailbox filter with the
> "from" field.

At least my mutt shows From: field containing the author's address, but To: field
including the mailing list address. So check it out before creating it, and then
wondering why it wouldn't work.

--
Jaska


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 04-08-2008, 07:45 PM
"Cory K."
 
Default missing in the subject

simone www.io-sound.org wrote:
> I was wondering why this mailing list hasn't any specific [***] tag in
> the subject?

Create a filter based on the "Sender" info.

-Cory K. m/


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 04-08-2008, 08:38 PM
"simone www.io-sound.org"
 
Default missing in the subject

hi
thanks for so many inputs, anyway i was just wondering why the "usual" (usual to me ) tagging system was not used in this mailing list, i just like having this kind of brackets [] on the subject so it is easier to spot the messages, that s it.I can live without it!

Simone

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 8:45 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@ubuntu.com> wrote:

simone www.io-sound.org wrote:

> I was wondering why this mailing list hasn't any specific [***] tag in

> the subject?



Create a filter based on the "Sender" info.



-Cory K. m/





--

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users



--
.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be accepted and/or viewed.
--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 04-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Luke Yelavich
 
Default missing in the subject

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 05:45:46AM EST, Cory K. wrote:
> simone www.io-sound.org wrote:
> > I was wondering why this mailing list hasn't any specific [***] tag in
> > the subject?
>
> Create a filter based on the "Sender" info.

Or based on the List-Id header field.
--
Luke Yelavich
GPG key: 0xD06320CE
(http://www.themuso.com/themuso-gpg-key.txt)
Email & MSN: themuso@themuso.com
Jabber: themuso@jabber.org.au

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 04-09-2008, 01:37 PM
"simone www.io-sound.org"
 
Default missing in the subject

dumb me! in Gmail just in the header it says:

reply-toUbuntu Studio Users Help and Discussion <ubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com>,

toubuntu-studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com,

dateTue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:41 PM
subjectRe: missing [tags] in the subject
mailing listubuntu-studio-users.lists.ubuntu.com Filter messages from this mailing list


click where it says "Filter messages from this mailing list" and the filter is automatically done!
Simone

On Tue, Apr 8, 2008 at 10:41 PM, Luke Yelavich <themuso@themuso.com> wrote:

On Wed, Apr 09, 2008 at 05:45:46AM EST, Cory K. wrote:

> simone www.io-sound.org wrote:

> > I was wondering why this mailing list hasn't any specific [***] tag in

> > the subject?

>

> Create a filter based on the "Sender" info.



Or based on the List-Id header field.

--

Luke Yelavich

GPG key: 0xD06320CE

* * * * (http://www.themuso.com/themuso-gpg-key.txt)

Email & MSN: themuso@themuso.com

Jabber: themuso@jabber.org.au



--

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users



--
.wmv , .wma , .pps along with all proprietary Windows formats won t be accepted and/or viewed.
--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 07:28 AM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright ©2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org