-   -   ubuntustudio 12.04 amd64+mac (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/663235-ubuntustudio-12-04-amd64-mac.html)

Fabio Tesser 05-04-2012 10:38 PM

ubuntustudio 12.04 amd64+mac

Hi all,

I would like to use Ubuntu Studio 12.04 on a mac boook pro.
I know there is some issues about partitioning table and UEFI
(http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=11849209,
http://askubuntu.com/questions/37999/what-is-different-about-the-mac-iso-image)
I also know that it should be possible to use an amd+mac iso (for
example
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/releases/12.04/release/ubuntu-12.04-desktop-amd64+mac.iso)
and then try to upgrade from Ubuntu to Ubuntu Studio
(https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu%20Studio%20Upgrade%20from%20Ubuntu)

Anyway I really would like to have a live dvd with Ubuntu Studio 12.04
able to run in a mac book pro out of the box.

Does anyone know if an Ubuntu Studio 12.04 amd64+mac iso image exist or
alternately if there is a recipe to build one?

Best,
Fabio.

Janne Jokitalo 05-06-2012 05:36 AM

On Sat, May 05, 2012 at 12:38:22AM +0200, Fabio Tesser wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to use Ubuntu Studio 12.04 on a mac boook pro.
<snip>
> Does anyone know if an Ubuntu Studio 12.04 amd64+mac iso image exist
> or alternately if there is a recipe to build one?

Hi Fabio,

this has been my plan, actually, to try and get it tested during the quantal
cycle. I just recently got a hold of a MBP, so I can do that myself to some
extent, but I'd really like there to be others participating. Would you be
interested?

--
Jaska (astraljava on irc.freenode.net)