Old 04-26-2012, 06:54 PM
Scott Lavender

Default Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS Release

The Ubuntu Studio team is very pleased to announce the release of Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS (Long-Term Support), Codenamed "Precise Pangolin".

Ubuntu Studio, the Ubuntu flavour designed with content creation in mind for creative individuals.* This release is produced as a live DVD image that can also be converted to an USB stick and will be supported for 3 years.

Due to overwhelming improvements during this development cycle, the The Ubuntu Studio Team is very proud and excited to have users experience Ubuntu Studio 12.04 LTS.

New features include:
** Live-DVD
** GUI-based installation

** lowlatency kernel installed by default
** i386 images use the lowlatency-pae kernel
** XFCE is default desktop environment
** Pulse Audio <-> JACK bridging enabled by default
** New theme, icons, and default font

** New LightDM and Desktop background/backdrop images
** Documented work flows/new application choices provide better user support
** Menu restructured for better work flow support
** ARandR included for improved multi-monitor functionality

** mudita24 replaces envycontrol24 for ice1712 chip audio interfaces
** Long Term Support release (3 years)

Lastly, the Ubuntu Studio website is currently under complete development and is expected to be release within weeks. Please bear with our current website until then.

For more information please see:* https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuStudio/12.04release_notes

Warmest Regards,
Scott Lavender
Ubuntu Studio Project Lead

Old 04-27-2012, 12:23 PM
Mike Chesk

Thanks for everyones efforts,
** Looking forward to adding the KXstudio repos and testing it out!

Mike Chesk.

-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

Old 04-27-2012, 12:31 PM
Janne Jokitalo

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 05:23:35AM -0700, Mike Chesk wrote:
> Thanks for everyones efforts,
> ** Looking forward to adding the KXstudio repos and testing it out!

Thanks for the praise.

You're of course free to do as you wish, but please bear in mind that additional
PPAs may inflict instability to your systems, and debugging such issues can be
tricky. The team will not provide official support for such cases either.

That is not to say that you won't find help for it, but just letting you know
where we stand.

--
Jaska (astraljava on freenode.net)

Old 04-27-2012, 04:59 PM
bart deruyter

Seems to work great, letting it run for the first time :-D. Congrats, glad to see ubuntustudio rock again!!!

Grtz,
Barthttp://www.bartart3d.be/

On facebook
On Twitter