-   -   Unity -> UbuStudio Guineau Pig (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/658556-unity-ubustudio-guineau-pig.html)

Todd Howe 04-22-2012 06:21 PM

Unity -> UbuStudio Guineau Pig

Hello users and devs;

I've been keeping an eye on the 'UbuntuStudioPreparation' page.
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuStudioPreparation

As you'll know, this is the page that's maintained to assist users of
vanilla Ubuntu installations to transition to Ubuntu Studio kernel,
audio architecture, and application meta-packages.

Presently, it reads

> A complete rewrite is under work for Ubuntu 12.04.

Nice! I'm presently running the mainline 12.04 Precise Beta2 with
Unity/Gnome/Cinnamon desktop. I wasn't able to go with the UbuStudio
precise release because it no longer offers a LUKS install but I'd be
happy to help whomever maintains that page with testing their updated
instructions for moving any 12.04 LTS desktop to Studio. Workflow
notwithstanding.

I've two systems, a smaller laptop with a dual-core Celeron (Acer 1410),
and my workhorse, an AMD64 6-core.

I'd like to transition both of those systems upon stable release or RC
(like, now) to the UbuStudio packages, kernel, etc. I'd want to keep
Unity/Gnome/Cinnamon available as lightdm bootup options. I'm not averse
to having XFCE in there as well to try it out, but let's assume for the
trial that I won't be using it. If you're the maintainer, let me know.
Thanks!

--
-____ Todd Howe ____________________ tehowe@signaltonoise.ca ____-
-____ gpg public key id E8BCABA7__tehowe on skype or twitter ____-