Old 04-09-2012, 12:18 AM
Edgar Berdahl

Default Summer Design Workshops 2012 using Embedded Ubuntu

Dear all,

Come realize an exciting project of your own design at one of our summer workshops:
• June 11-15,*Satellite CCRMA: Interaction Design,*STEIM, Amsterdam, Netherlands **http://steim.org/event/ccrma-invention-embedded-instrument-design/
•*July 16-20,*New Music Controllers,*CCRMA, Stanford University, USA * *https://ccrma.stanford.edu/workshops/new-music-controllers
•*July 23-27,*Stompbox Design,*CCRMA, Stanford University, USA * *https://ccrma.stanford.edu/workshops/stompbox-design
*
The idea is basically that Beagle Board + Arduino + Your Design = Wow! Embedded linux makes new kinds of projects possible, including autonomous projects that are independent of the Internet. We teach you the basic principles of Physical Interaction Design to help guide your project's development. Depending on your interest, you can select a flavor of the workshop more oriented toward new musical instruments, sound art installations, or sound effects. The workshops are appropriate for artists with minimal knowledge of computers but who are interested in technology like Arduino, as well as makers, engineers, computer scientists, and product designers who are interested in exploring artistic outlets.

Visit the links above for more information individually about the workshops. We are looking forward to welcoming you. If you have any questions, please contact me or the other instructors.
Warm regards,
Edgar Berdahl

Lecturer
Center for Computer Research in Music and Acoustics (CCRMA)
Stanford University
http://ccrma.stanford.edu/satellite