Old 04-06-2012, 03:29 PM
bart deruyter

Default collaboration music

Hi all,

I'm in the process of making an animation movie. I guess* I don't have to explain it's really tons and tons of work. Right now I'm working on the website to put it online, with all the necessary explanations and info, but it is far from ready yet.

But, since it's going to be an semi-open project, (story is fixed, and you could call it a life's work,* so I do consider me being the final judge in what's going to be approved, but I guess that's obvious) I'm looking for people and some tools to work in collaboration.

It speaks for itself that the final results will be freely available, in that sense it will be fully open.

As far as text and images it is not that hard, but when it comes to music, I haven't found really interesting things yet to work in collaboration with others online, apart from ninjam, but that's more for jamming sessions.

I know it is not specifically ubuntustudio related, but are there people with experience, knowledge or ideas on how to manage music composing, recording etc. in collaboration with an online community? And are there people out there interested in creating some movie music? Don't hesitate to contact me, even personally, for more info about it.

Thinking about Ubuntustudio, this might be a way to test its capabilities and a way to discover lacking features for this kind of work (comparing it with Blenders open movie projects to pinpoint problems in Blenders feature set). I mean, since Ubuntu and UbuntuStudio are the result of collaboration, why wouldn't we jointly create some things?

Grtz,

Bart Deruyter

http://www.bartart3d.be/
On facebook

On Twitter
On Identi.ca
On Google+

Old 04-07-2012, 03:35 PM
alexander dahlberg

Hi Bart!

im using Kxstudio for my creative work. its spun out of ubuntu studio*

your project seem intresting. pherhaps i can make some music for you? send me a clip or two and il put something together.

you cand find some of my previous work here

www.myspace.com/alandtheawesomes

https://sites.google.com/site/herrdahlbergmusic/

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2SrQDl0MyEiYTlhOWExNDMtMjA4NC00YTIzLWI4Y 2UtZGM2ZGQyYjY2NTBm

http://soundcloud.com/dahlberg-alexander