Old 02-08-2012, 08:01 PM
Tom Poe

Default installed 11.10 and want to change IP address on LAN

I have simple question, but dialog for network is confusing. I want to
change IP 192.168.1.133 to IP 192.168.1.66. When I went looking for
editing eth0, I got a bunch of Windows type dialogs, leaving me
confused. What is simple command I can enter in terminal to do this.

I replaced a desktop on my LAN, and want to share files through ssh. I
installed ssh server and client, and can ping, but cannot use scp to
access, until I change IP on the replacement computer.

Thanks, Tom

Old 02-08-2012, 08:50 PM
Mike Holstein

I have simple question, but dialog for network is confusing. *I want to change IP 192.168.1.133 to IP 192.168.1.66. *When I went looking for editing eth0, I got a bunch of Windows type dialogs, leaving me confused. *What is simple command I can enter in terminal to do this.

I replaced a desktop on my LAN, and want to share files through ssh. *I installed ssh server and client, and can ping, but cannot use scp to access, until I change IP on the replacement computer.

Thanks, Tom

this is loosely what i do to set a static IP*http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/ubuntu/change-ubuntu-server-from-dhcp-to-a-static-ip-address/*

MH
mikeholstein.info