Old 02-05-2012, 11:02 AM
Tom Poe

Default what's cheapest desktop for ubuntustudio these days?

Running Dell GX260 desktop now. What's cheapest upgrade desktop I might
look for, that will handle better graphics cards? Poor man's gaming
desktop?

Tom

Old 02-06-2012, 06:29 AM
Gustin Johnson

I personally start here:http://pcper.com/leaderboard
Right now a midrange system built around the core i5 is a good start though I would drop the sound card (caveat, I already have an RME) and I would go with an ATI as opposed to the nVidia for better out of the box support. *I only put an ATI in my system to support 3 monitors, otherwise the onboard video should be good enough. *

The upcoming Ivy Bridge should have even better on board graphics and hopefully Intel does not miss the boat with drivers this time around.*Just my 2c*

Old 02-06-2012, 09:41 PM
"Hector A. Henry S."

*

Look on this link it will help you to decide, have in concideration your real need, it might not be so much as our ego.*http://www.reddit.com/r/buildapc/comments/f3efg