Old 02-05-2012, 12:41 AM
Mike Holstein

Default last upgrade destroys video?

On Sat, Feb 4, 2012 at 8:18 PM, Tom Poe <tompoe@meltel.net> wrote:

On 02/04/2012 06:48 PM, Ralf Mardorf wrote:

On Sat, 2012-02-04 at 18:44 -0600, Tom Poe wrote:

Yesterday's upgrade wiped out my video. *When I try to watch Maddow on

msntv.com, I get white screen where video is supposed to show up. *When

I try videos on youtube.com, I get choppy picture/sound. *What should I

check to try to reset things? *Is it possible to save system, or do I

need to save home directory, and do major reinstall?

Thanks, Tom

Reinstall or downgrade flashplayer.

Didn't help. *Looks like my system is broken. *Reinstalled gnash, and any other file marked under keyword flash. *Reinstalled chromium and any other file marked under keyword chromium. *Got same results when I tried Firefox. *Guess I'll have to try upgrade to 11.10 (presently running 11.04), and hope for best. *See you folks later.

Tom
yeah?... i wouldnt consider flash breaking a 'trashed system', but hey, if you need it you need it.. i would look and see if you just got a kernel upgrade, and try the older kernel... sometimes you need to hit shift to see the grub menu... also, it wont be gnash, it'll be flash.. i would consider (before reinstalling) trying the actual chrome browser, just to see for troubleshooting purposes...*https://www.google.com/chrome*

MH
mikeholstein.info

Old 02-05-2012, 10:59 AM
Tom Poe

[...]

Mike:* Good suggestion.* Went ahead with upgrade from 11.04 to
11.10, and so far, looks like my gnash is working with chromium web
browser again.* Bottom line for me is, my Dell GX260 desktop is
being outrun by technology.* I most likely have to upgrade to newer
desktop.*

Tom