Old 02-04-2012, 11:44 PM
Tom Poe

Default last upgrade destroys video?

Yesterday's upgrade wiped out my video. When I try to watch Maddow on
msntv.com, I get white screen where video is supposed to show up. When
I try videos on youtube.com, I get choppy picture/sound. What should I
check to try to reset things? Is it possible to save system, or do I
need to save home directory, and do major reinstall?

Thanks, Tom

Old 02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Sat, 2012-02-04 at 18:44 -0600, Tom Poe wrote:
> Yesterday's upgrade wiped out my video. When I try to watch Maddow on
> msntv.com, I get white screen where video is supposed to show up. When
> I try videos on youtube.com, I get choppy picture/sound. What should I
> check to try to reset things? Is it possible to save system, or do I
> need to save home directory, and do major reinstall?
> Thanks, Tom

Reinstall or downgrade flashplayer.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:18 AM
Tom Poe

Yesterday's upgrade wiped out my video. When I try to watch Maddow on
msntv.com, I get white screen where video is supposed to show up. When
I try videos on youtube.com, I get choppy picture/sound. What should I
check to try to reset things? Is it possible to save system, or do I
need to save home directory, and do major reinstall?
Thanks, Tom

Reinstall or downgrade flashplayer.

Didn't help. Looks like my system is broken. Reinstalled gnash, and
any other file marked under keyword flash. Reinstalled chromium and any
other file marked under keyword chromium. Got same results when I tried
Firefox. Guess I'll have to try upgrade to 11.10 (presently running
11.04), and hope for best. See you folks later.

Tom