Old 01-19-2012, 10:39 PM
sdavmor

Default Unable to play Soundcloud audio streams on Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

When I connect to my Soundcloud site (or any Soundcloud site) I get
the following message:

"Hey, it seems your browser can't play SoundCloud audio streams. If
you can, please take a moment to upgrade your browser or Flash Player
plugin. Thanks for your understanding!"

I am running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Up to date on patches, and up to date
on the Flash Player plugin (I checked the rev level at the Flash site
and it's fine).

Anyone else getting this? Anyone have a solution? I want to change
some of the tracks we offer there in readiness for the new Systems
Theory album. Not being able to hear anything is a big hole in the road!

What make it even more confusing is that if I use the Soundcloud
Facebook widget for streaming music all the tunes play correctly.

TIA.
http://mikedickson.org.uk

Old 01-20-2012, 04:08 AM
NoOp

On 01/19/2012 03:39 PM, sdavmor wrote:
> When I connect to my Soundcloud site (or any Soundcloud site) I get
> the following message:
>
> "Hey, it seems your browser can't play SoundCloud audio streams. If
> you can, please take a moment to upgrade your browser or Flash Player
> plugin. Thanks for your understanding!"
>
> I am running Ubuntu 11.10 64bit. Up to date on patches, and up to date
> on the Flash Player plugin (I checked the rev level at the Flash site
> and it's fine).
>
> Anyone else getting this? Anyone have a solution? I want to change
> some of the tracks we offer there in readiness for the new Systems
> Theory album. Not being able to hear anything is a big hole in the road!
>
> What make it even more confusing is that if I use the Soundcloud
> Facebook widget for streaming music all the tunes play correctly.
>
> TIA.

It's helpful if you provide a link, the version of Firefox (this is
Firefox isn't it>), addons installed etc...

Anyway:
http://soundcloud.com/tracks
works here.

Shockwave Flash

File: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
Version:
Shockwave Flash 11.1 r102

Mozilla/5.0 (Ubuntu; X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/9.0.1
and
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:9.0.1) Gecko/20111221
Firefox/9.0.1 SeaMonkey/2.6.1

That's in Ubuntu 10.10, 11.04, and 11.10-64bit.

Old 01-20-2012, 04:31 AM
Basil Chupin

[...]

Same here - but only if you allow couple of sites which are blocked by
NoScript, if you are using this security extension for Firefox.

BC

--
It is in the nature of things that every time you try to avoid one danger you run into another.
Niccolo Machiavelli