Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM
Paul

Default TwinView, Wacom and Ubuntu Studio 10.04 LTS

Hi,

I have a problem some users more experienced in system configuration
than myself might be able to help me with:

I want to Have one Desktop, wich ranges over two monitors. At the same
point I want my Wacom Bamboo's active space match the size of one
monitor at the time instead of the whole desktop. The Reason for that is
simply the tiny size of my Bamboo.

How do I achieve this? Thanks in advance for your help.

I have already tried to follow this how-to:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wacom

but instead of the Options described there, I used the following lines
in the 10-wacom.conf:
----------Code begins-----------------
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Wacom class"
MatchProduct "Wacom|WACOM"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "wacom"
Option "Twinview" "horizontal"
Option "TVResolution" "1920x1080,1680x1050"
EndSection

Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Wacom serial class"
MatchProduct "Serial Wacom Tablet"
Driver "wacom"
Option "ForceDevice" "ISDV4"
EndSection

# N-Trig Duosense Electromagnetic Digitizer
Section "InputClass"
Identifier "Wacom N-Trig class"
MatchProduct "HID 1b96:0001"
MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
Driver "wacom"
EndSection

The Result was rather disappointing. When I tried to use the Stylus, the
Pointer was Stuck to the left border of Screen 0 which equals the very
left border of the Desktop.

I run Ubuntu Studio 10.04 LTS 64 on an AMD. Graphic-Card is an Geforce
8800 GT according to the NVidia-Driver I use. The Bamboo I use is from
the very first version from about 4 years ago.

Below you see the settings the NVidia-Driver wrote to the xorg.conf to
configure the two screens: