Old 01-10-2012, 02:50 AM
Mark Burge

Default Configuration Files

On 01/09/2012 09:28 PM, Brian David wrote:

I installed the Ubuntu Studio audio meta-packages on top of a vanilla
install of Linux Mint, which works totally fine (this will be my
current set-up while I wait for the new UbuStu to mature some more),
and I noticed the audio configuration files are different. In
/etc/security/limits.d/, 'audio.conf' is now called
'audio.conf.disabled', and there is a new file called
'ubuntustudio-audio-rtprio.conf'. What exactly is going on here? Is
this second file now the main configuration file? And if so,
shouldn't it contain a memlock line, in addition to the real-time
priority line? Just wondering.

I just did the same thing (on mint 12) and checked the audio.conf file
It looks like this

# Provided by the jackd package.
#
# Changes to this file will be preserved.
#
# If you want to enable/disable realtime permissions, run
#
# dpkg-reconfigure -p high jackd

@audio - rtprio 95
@audio - memlock unlimited
#@audio - nice -19

But I think I remember running the ubuntustudio controls after
installing the meta package.

Hope this helps.