-   -   -lowlatency kernel (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/593564-lowlatency-kernel.html)

Scott Lavender 11-01-2011 06:43 PM

-lowlatency kernel

Just a quick note to mention that I will be hosting a session
tomorrow, Wednesday November 2nd at 10:00 a.m. EST, for getting the
-lowlatency kernel into the Ubuntu repositories.

This is currently important for Ubuntu Studio because this would allow
us to ship a tuned kernel for audio recording as the default kernel.

This is a great time for those who are interested to get involved
because we will certainly need community support for a variety of
tasks to get this done.* These tasks will be defined and/or refined
during the session and available afterwards in the blueprint in the
Whiteboard section [1].

Everyone can attend the session via IRC [2] and can view the
preliminary action plan and watch the changes live in the etherpad
[3].

This is a great opportunity for the Ubuntu Studio community and your
involvement can directly affect the result.

ScottL

[1] https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/other-p-lowlatency
[2] freenode in #ubuntu-uds-Antigua4
[3] http://summit.ubuntu.com/uds-p/meeting/19798/other-p-lowlatency/