Old 02-17-2008, 04:05 PM
"adam faranda"

Default Sound card access

Is there a shell command I can use to determine what app is using my soundcard? I have tried
ps -ax | grep snd, and ps -ax | grep /dev/snd, and nothing comes up, even when I have jack running.

Old 02-17-2008, 04:43 PM
"Toby Smithe"

On Feb 17, 2008 5:05 PM, adam faranda <adam.faranda@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a shell command I can use to determine what app is using my
> soundcard? I have tried
> ps -ax | grep snd, and ps -ax | grep /dev/snd, and nothing comes up, even
> when I have jack running.

lsof /dev/snd/*

Old 02-17-2008, 04:46 PM

On Sun, 17 Feb 2008 17:43:09 +0000
"Toby Smithe" <tsmithe@ubuntu.com> wrote:

> On Feb 17, 2008 5:05 PM, adam faranda <adam.faranda@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Is there a shell command I can use to determine what app is using my
> > soundcard? I have tried
> > ps -ax | grep snd, and ps -ax | grep /dev/snd, and nothing comes
> > up, even when I have jack running.
>
> lsof /dev/snd/*

Better try 'sudo lsof /dev/snd/*'
else some stuff won't show up, like mpd for example.