Old 09-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Ralf Mardorf

Default No sound from Midi Keyboard via USB

OT:

> You learn playing Rock music in the streets, not by books. 2 Cents YMMV.

There're some exceptions, e.g. "Original Hendrix by Steve Tarish. An
annotated guide to the guitar technique of Jimi Hendrix." ISBN
0-7119-0015-9, UK Order No. AM 30040, It's from 1982 "To the spirit of
Jimi Hendrix; and those who raise their freak flag high"

Hendrix did very interesting chord playing, not just power chords,
learning Hendrix is comparable to jazz comping, but it's still
Rock'n'Roll.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:04 AM
Ralf Mardorf

*lol*

On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 10:48 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> OT:
>
> > You learn playing Rock music in the streets, not by books. 2 Cents YMMV.
>
> There're some exceptions, e.g. "Original Hendrix by Steve Tarish. An
> annotated guide to the guitar technique of Jimi Hendrix." ISBN
> 0-7119-0015-9, UK Order No. AM 30040, It's from 1982 "To the spirit of
> Jimi Hendrix; and those who raise their freak flag high"
>
> Hendrix did very interesting chord playing, not just power chords,
> learning Hendrix is comparable to jazz comping, but it's still
> Rock'n'Roll.

And it doesn't harm to get the "Real Book", unfortunately you need to
suffer, because of notes, but it's amazing. I don't own a the real
Book . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_Book I'm born in 1966, the
guys who own the Real Book usually are around 10 years older, there
seems to be a "New legal Real Book", never have seen this one. Note, I'm
a Pop-Rock-Musician, but there's nothing bad with those Jazz standards.

Old 09-20-2011, 01:50 PM
Michael

Von meinem iPad gesendet