Old 02-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Pietro Bergamo

Default Res:Yet another Vinyl vs. CD/Digital debate

Dave Ricketzz <boontooz@yahoo.com>

>A 45 RPM 12" single is hard to beat.

Yes, in dynamics and frequency response in ideal conditions. But honestly the crackles do annoy me and since I rarely have an absolutely silent room with a perfect system, I think I prefer digital formats. At least I don't have and aleatory percussionist playing along with the music. :^)

Old 02-16-2008, 02:04 PM
Dave Ricketzz

I was thinking noisy dance club.*

If I had to choose just one medium it'd be lossless digital of course.

Pietro Bergamo <bergamopietro@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
Dave Ricketzz <boontooz@yahoo.com>

>A 45 RPM 12" single is hard to beat.

Yes, in dynamics and
frequency response in ideal conditions. But honestly the crackles do annoy me and since I rarely have an absolutely silent room with a perfect system, I think I prefer digital formats. At least I don't have and aleatory percussionist playing along with the music. :^)

Abra sua conta no Yahoo! Mail, o único sem limite de espaço para armazenamento! --
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com