Old 02-14-2008, 01:35 PM
"Cory K."

Default Petition to save HDDVD

Icy EyeG wrote:
> Hi all.
> There's a petition to save HDDVD at
> http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/save_hd_dvd_format
> I sending this here, because I honestly believe that the competition
> between 2 formats can help HD implementation on Linux.

No thanx. I want a single format to win. I'm old enough to remember
Betamax/VHS war. BlueRay has won.

Maybe I should do http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/kill_hd_dvd_format
<http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/save_hd_dvd_format> ? :P

In the end I view this as spammy so we shouldn't let it get out of hand.
I'm sure this will spark other chat though and that's fine.

-Cory

Old 02-14-2008, 01:55 PM
Dave Rickmers

Cory K. wrote:
> Icy EyeG wrote:
>
>> Hi all.
>> There's a petition to save HDDVD at
>> http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/save_hd_dvd_format
>> I sending this here, because I honestly believe that the competition
>> between 2 formats can help HD implementation on Linux.
>>

> No thanx. I want a single format to win. I'm old enough to remember
> Betamax/VHS war. BlueRay has won.
>
> Maybe I should do http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/kill_hd_dvd_format
> <http://www.youchoose.net/campaign/save_hd_dvd_format> ? :P
>
> In the end I view this as spammy so we shouldn't let it get out of hand.
> I'm sure this will spark other chat though and that's fine.
>
> -Cory

It's just TV...

Old 02-14-2008, 01:56 PM
Sean Edwards