Old 07-19-2011, 07:56 PM
Lindsay Haisley

Default Jack-aware CD player ???

I'm using JACK and JACK patchbays to do some sound routing here. I'd
like to find a plain-jane CD player for Ubuntu that is JACK-aware and
presents a readable client to JACK. I couldn't find one in the standard
Ubuntu Natty distribution. Does anyone know of one? Everthing I've
tried so far outputs to PA, which goes into JACK, but is routed
differently.

--
Lindsay Haisley | "We have met the enemy, and it is us."
FMP Computer Services |

Old 07-19-2011, 09:37 PM
Daniel Worth

VLC, make sure you install the Jack plugin for it.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:21 AM
Ricardo Lameiro

or use Alsaplayer the one with jack support

2011/7/19 Daniel Worth <pipemanmusic@gmail.com>:
> VLC, make sure you install the Jack plugin for it.
>
> On Jul 19, 2011 1:57 PM, "Lindsay Haisley" <fmouse@fmp.com> wrote:
>>
>> I'm using JACK and JACK patchbays to do some sound routing here. *I'd
>> like to find a plain-jane CD player for Ubuntu that is JACK-aware and
>> presents a readable client to JACK. *I couldn't find one in the standard
>> Ubuntu Natty distribution. *Does anyone know of one? *Everthing I've
>> tried so far outputs to PA, which goes into JACK, but is routed
>> differently.
>>
>> --
>> Lindsay Haisley * * * | "We have met the enemy, and it is us."
>> FMP Computer Services |
>> 512-259-1190 * * * * *| * * * * *-- Pogo
>> http://www.fmp.com * *|
>>

>> --

Fagote / Contrafagote
Bassoon / Contra-bassoon
http://myspace.com/ricardolameiro

Old 07-20-2011, 06:14 AM
Ralf Mardorf

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 01:21 +0100, Ricardo Lameiro wrote:
> or use Alsaplayer the one with jack support
>
> 2011/7/19 Daniel Worth <pipemanmusic@gmail.com>:
> > VLC, make sure you install the Jack plugin for it.

An hour or so ago I needed such a thingy too and used VLC. Also make
sure to set the audio preferences, to use Jack. Hm, I should have read
the emails before, or ...
$ alsaplayer
bash: alsaplayer: command not found
Ok, it isn't installed here, VLC + Jack plug already was installed, but
by default not set as needed.

Old 07-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Lindsay Haisley

On Wed, 2011-07-20 at 08:14 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> An hour or so ago I needed such a thingy too and used VLC. Also make
> sure to set the audio preferences, to use Jack. Hm, I should have read
> the emails before, or ...
> $ alsaplayer
> bash: alsaplayer: command not found
> Ok, it isn't installed here, VLC + Jack plug already was installed,
> but by default not set as needed.

Thanks to Daniel Worth's advice I installed VLC which does the job
nicely. qmmp works well for this, too, but playing CDs with it isn't
quite so intuitive. I didn't care for the UI on alsaplayer so I ditched
it after looking at it.

Old 07-28-2011, 07:46 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

I'm using JACK and JACK patchbays to do some sound routing here. I'd
like to find a plain-jane CD player for Ubuntu that is JACK-aware and
presents a readable client to JACK. I couldn't find one in the standard
Ubuntu Natty distribution. Does anyone know of one? Everthing I've
tried so far outputs to PA, which goes into JACK, but is routed
differently.

Hi Lindsay,

Another easy solution is installing Audacious, in
right/clic/preferences, audio -> jack

Laurent