-   -   Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/540532-pulseaudio-jack-rosegarden.html)

Josep Pujadas i Jubany 06-16-2011 01:52 PM

Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden

Hello!

We have 300 netbooks working with 10.04 LTS, not 10.04 Studio.

We would like to use Rosegarden, but we have trouble how to configure Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden together.

We tried several ways. We arrived to run Jack but we can't heard anything playing MIDI with Rosegarden.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Josep Pujadas

06-16-2011 03:28 PM

Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden

rosegarden is just a sequencer. You need a soundfont reader like qsynth to have sound.
So you need to link rosegarden to qsynth in jack (in Alsa).

Mike Holstein 06-16-2011 03:38 PM

Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden

theres a soundfont in the repos...*fluid-soundfont-gm

rosegarden is just a sequencer. You need a soundfont reader like qsynth to have sound.

So you need to link rosegarden to qsynth in jack (in Alsa).

We have 300 netbooks working with 10.04 LTS, not 10.04 Studio.

We would like to use Rosegarden, but we have trouble how to configure Pulseaudio, Jack and Rosegarden together.

We tried several ways. We arrived to run Jack but we can't heard anything playing MIDI with Rosegarden.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Josep Pujadas

MH