FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» Video Reviews

» Linux Archive

Linux-archive is a website aiming to archive linux email lists and to make them easily accessible for linux users/developers.


» Sponsor

» Partners

» Sponsor

Go Back   Linux Archive > Ubuntu > Ubuntu Studio User

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 05-25-2011, 05:45 PM
Ralf
 
Default GNOME theme Where is ...? How to ...?

On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 11:38 -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:
>
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Ralf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
> wrote:
>
>
> Natty:
>
> How can I switch the windows minimize, unmaximize and close
> buttons from
> the right to the left side?
>
>
> Here is a link that walks through it:
> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/13535/move-window-buttons-back-to-the-right-in-ubuntu-10.04/

Thank you!



--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 05-26-2011, 04:39 PM
Gustin Johnson
 
Default GNOME theme Where is ...? How to ...?

It gets reset often enough that I have an alias defined that gets set
whenever I login:

alias buttons-to-right="gconftool -s
/apps/metacity/general/button_layout -t string
menu:minimize,maximize,close"


On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Ralf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 11:38 -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:
>>
>>
>> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Ralf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>
>> * * * * Natty:
>>
>> * * * * How can I switch the windows minimize, unmaximize and close
>> * * * * buttons from
>> * * * * the right to the left side?
>>
>>
>> Here is a link that walks through it:
>> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/13535/move-window-buttons-back-to-the-right-in-ubuntu-10.04/
>
> Thank you!
>
>
>
> --
> Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
>

--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 05-26-2011, 09:17 PM
Ralf Mardorf
 
Default GNOME theme Where is ...? How to ...?

On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 10:39 -0600, Gustin Johnson wrote:
> It gets reset often enough that I have an alias defined that gets set
> whenever I login:
>
> alias buttons-to-right="gconftool -s
> /apps/metacity/general/button_layout -t string
> menu:minimize,maximize,close"

Yes Gustin, unfortunately I noticed several issues, just sometimes after
login. It's also possible to reboot here and then everything is ok
again. Sometimes the DE is missing, just the WM appears etc. and yes,
the buttons can switch too. IIRC you were a KDE user too?

Btw. if Ubuntu won't ship with GNOME2 anymore, we should search for a DE
that enables to save Window sizes, positions and on what workspace it
should open .

-- Ralf

>
>
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Ralf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 11:38 -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Ralf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>
> >> wrote:
> >>
> >>
> >> Natty:
> >>
> >> How can I switch the windows minimize, unmaximize and close
> >> buttons from
> >> the right to the left side?
> >>
> >>
> >> Here is a link that walks through it:
> >> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/13535/move-window-buttons-back-to-the-right-in-ubuntu-10.04/
> >
> > Thank you!
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
> > Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
> > Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
> >
>



--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 
Old 05-26-2011, 09:20 PM
Mike Holstein
 
Default GNOME theme Where is ...? How to ...?

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 5:17 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

On Thu, 2011-05-26 at 10:39 -0600, Gustin Johnson wrote:

> It gets reset often enough that I have an alias defined that gets set

> whenever I login:

>

> alias buttons-to-right="gconftool -s

> /apps/metacity/general/button_layout -t string

> menu:minimize,maximize,close"



Yes Gustin, unfortunately I noticed several issues, just sometimes after

login. It's also possible to reboot here and then everything is ok

again. Sometimes the DE is missing, just the WM appears etc. and yes,

the buttons can switch too. IIRC you were a KDE user too?



Btw. if Ubuntu won't ship with GNOME2 anymore, we should search for a DE

that enables to save Window sizes, positions and on what workspace it

should open .



-- Ralf

i know ive said it before, but, feel free to file wishlist bugs.*



>

>

> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:45 AM, Ralf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

> > On Wed, 2011-05-25 at 11:38 -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:

> >>

> >>

> >> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Ralf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net>

> >> wrote:

> >>

> >>

> >> * * * * Natty:

> >>

> >> * * * * How can I switch the windows minimize, unmaximize and close

> >> * * * * buttons from

> >> * * * * the right to the left side?

> >>

> >>

> >> Here is a link that walks through it:

> >> http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/13535/move-window-buttons-back-to-the-right-in-ubuntu-10.04/


> >

> > Thank you!

> >

> >

> >

> > --

> > Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

> > Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

> > Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users

> >

>







--

Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list

Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users



--
MH
http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/http://wnclug.ourproject.org/


--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-studio-users
 

Thread Tools




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:45 PM.

VBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2007, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2007 - 2008, www.linux-archive.org