Old 05-20-2011, 12:10 PM
Scott Lavender

Default Ralf and Mudita

Starting a new thread rather than trample another.

On , Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 11:45 +0200, Robert Klaar wrote:
*
Alsa mixer might cause issues for Envy24 cards! You should use Envy24
Control only. Unfortunately Ubuntu didn't switch to version 1 "mudita",

I guess nearly no distro did switch!
*
The Linux community (NOT the Linux audio community) tramples all over
Envy24 users, the most common audio cards! There seems to be no chance
to change their minds. I'll buy another card, but I don't know what

card.

*--
*
*Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
*Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

*

Ralf,

By this weekend I hope to have submitted a Request For Packaging (RFP) to the Debian Multimedia Team so that Mudita will be packaged in Debian and then imported into Ubuntu in time for Oneiric.

Once in the Ubuntu repositories, my intent is to include it for Ubuntu Studio Oneiric.

Warm Regards,
ScottL

Old 05-20-2011, 12:51 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 07:10 -0500, Scott Lavender wrote:
> Starting a new thread rather than trample another.
>

> On , Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 2011-05-20 at 11:45 +0200, Robert Klaar wrote:
>
> Alsa mixer might cause issues for Envy24 cards! You should use
> Envy24
> Control only. Unfortunately Ubuntu didn't switch to version 1
> "mudita",
> I guess nearly no distro did switch!
>
> The Linux community (NOT the Linux audio community) tramples
> all over
> Envy24 users, the most common audio cards! There seems to be
> no chance
> to change their minds. I'll buy another card, but I don't know
> what
> card.

> Ralf,
>

> By this weekend I hope to have submitted a Request For Packaging (RFP)
> to the Debian Multimedia Team so that Mudita will be packaged in
> Debian and then imported into Ubuntu in time for Oneiric.
>
> Once in the Ubuntu repositories, my intent is to include it for Ubuntu
> Studio Oneiric.
>
> Warm Regards,
> ScottL

Thank you Scott

IMO this is important, Envy24 cards still seems to be the most wide
spread group of full duplex capable, low latency, cheap sound cards.
I did compile Mudita myself and hopefully I get rid of my Envy24 cards
for audio soon, 'cause OTOH (all) Envy24 sound cards seem to use less
good analog IOs. Anyway, as long as there are Envy24 cards for less than
30,- EUR at Ebay those cards are very important, to replace all those
onboard high definition surround 3.5mm jack specimens.

Yes, it should be included to a package.

Ralf