Old 05-07-2011, 06:27 AM
bart deruyter

Default jack hangs when exiting apps

Hi all,

Running Natty now, skipped a version, so previously using 10.04 but having the same issues as before.

Let me describe, it is weird, but it is very annoying:

System :* UbuntuStudio 11.04, 4 GB ram, intel 6700 @ 2.66GHz, drive space enough, nvidia graphics GeForce 7600 GS, external firewire audio card Echo Audiofire 12, usb2midi 2x2 .

Problem : exiting some audio apps causes jack to hang.

Really weird, no xrun problem, no startup problem, but exit problem. I have to logout, login again, and then I can start jack properly again.

Apps involved : Rosegarden, Qsampler, PD (perhaps more, but I haven't time to try them all.

Apps that don't cause the problem : Ardour, Rakarrack, Audio plugins in general.

The message says something about not being able to stop jackdbus...

Anyone else with this problem, or maybe with a fix?

thnx,
Bart

*http://www.bartart3d.be/