Old 05-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Ralf Mardorf

Default Install is broken after trying to do a version update from 10.10 to 11.04

“Could not install the upgrades
The upgrade has aborted. Your system could be in an unstable state. A recovery will run now (dpkg –configure -a).”

“Upgrade complete
The upgrade has complete but there were errors during the upgrade process.”

It stopped at “Installing the upgrades”, about 1hour 36 minutes remaining.

Evolution can't be started any more and for the running apps in the panel, the Firefox icon is missing. Perhaps that aren't the only issues . I didn't restart the computer until now.

I'll be out now and later in the evening I need to restore Maverick from the backup archive.

Is there any log file for the distribution upgrade that failed?

LibreOffice replaced Ooo and it's ok, but it's in German, while it should be in English.
Hm? I didn't change Edubuntu 10.10 very much. The only hard tweaks were regarding to pulseaudio and my Envy24 sound cards. No tweaks, no sound. Anything else shouldn't cause trouble, resp. there're e.g. are dummy packages for JACK2 from svn, important for MIDI musicians, to get rid of MIDI jitter and it's installed by waf to /usr/local, but anyway, this shouldn't be an issue.

The mouse wheel is working now, before the upgrade it didn't work most of the times.

Ralf