Old 05-04-2011, 12:27 PM

Default Ubuntu Studio Developer Meeting

Hello everyone,

Our intention is to have monthly Ubuntu Studio developer meeting on the first Sunday of the month. Unfortunately, this month's meeting was to be scheduled directly after Natty release.

We decided to push this meeting one week to this upcoming weekend.

So, please join us this Sunday, May 8th @ 14:00 UTC for a Ubuntu Studio developer meeting. You can use the linked time zone convertor [1] to find a city/state/province near your to understand the local time.

We will be meeting in the #ubuntustudio-devel channel on freenode.net for your IRC client. Alternately, you can join us via web browser using webchat.freenode.net [2].

I will follow up shortly with a link to the agenda.

Thank you,
ScottL

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20110508T14
[2] http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=ubuntustudio-devel--
Ubuntu-Studio-users mailing list
Ubuntu-Studio-users@lists.ubuntu.com

Old 05-07-2011, 05:40 AM
"Jorge G. Mare"

Howdy,

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:27 AM, <ScottALavender@gmail.com> wrote:

<snip>

> So, please join us this Sunday, May 8th @ 14:00 UTC for a Ubuntu Studio
> developer meeting. You can use the linked time zone convertor [1] to find a
> city/state/province near your to understand the local time.
>
> We will be meeting in the #ubuntustudio-devel channel on freenode.net for
> your IRC client. Alternately, you can join us via web browser using
> webchat.freenode.net [2].

Although I am not a developer ( ), I will try to attend. Although
if I were any of you, I would not expect much from me on a Sunday at
7AM.

Cheers,

Jorge

Old 05-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Kenneth Koym

Hi: Whereas I cannot join your 7 AM developer meeting due to another major medical, let me reiterate I've faced many crashes and losses of valuable non-developer productions using PPA add ons i.e., falkTx's kxstudio 10.04.02. I strongly urge Natty developers to devise means for the non-developers who continually depend on your great work to in all means possible, find some ways to separate final products from products that remain under testing. As a non-developer I adamantly urge when any Ubuntu Studio user's productions go down, it reflects upon all developers if issues are allowed to ride just because they appear to be running okay. Having faced needs of six separate personal family members whose issues call me to their sides as well as having chosen to use Ubuntu Studio versus a cull from the Gates and MAC worlds, I beat drums for you but please gals and guys, we need every ounce of developer good will to keep the fires lite. Hurrah, hurrah for the development team! Keep doing it. Kenneth

Old 05-07-2011, 11:59 AM

*** IMPORTANT ***

Due to various conflicting schedule for many people we will be pushing the meeting until the following weekend.

Therefore the meeting will be on Sunday, May 15th @ 14:00 UTC for the meeting. Again, the time convertor [1] is included for your convenience.

The location remains the same, i.e. #ubuntustudio-devel on freenode.net IRC.

On May 7, 2011 12:40am, "Jorge G. Mare" <jorge.g.mare@gmail.com> wrote:
> Howdy,
>

> On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 5:27 AM, *ScottALavender@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > So, please join us this Sunday, May 8th @ 14:00 UTC for a Ubuntu Studio
>
> > developer meeting. You can use the linked time zone convertor [1] to find a
>
> > city/state/province near your to understand the local time.
>

> > We will be meeting in the #ubuntustudio-devel channel on freenode.net for
>
> > your IRC client. Alternately, you can join us via web browser using
>
> > webchat.freenode.net [2].
>

> Although I am not a developer ( ), I will try to attend. Although
>
> if I were any of you, I would not expect much from me on a Sunday at
>
> 7AM.
>

> Cheers,
>

> Jorge

Jorge,

You bring up an extremely important point. The work done on Ubuntu Studio is not limited to developers. I would say that the a large percentage of the work is done by contributors. An exceedingly large amount of the work, even.

The meeting really is for developers and contributors of Ubuntu Studio to discuss and plan development and I will henceforth try to address as such. Of course all are welcome and encouraged to attend as well.

Also, if we find that enough people wish to attend the meeting but the current set time is not favorable then we can reevaluate the scheduled time. The current time was based on a discreet group of people who may no longer be actively involved in the meetings. If you would prefer another time then please suggest it

Warm Regards,
ScottL

[1] http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Ubuntu+Studio+Developer%2FContr ibutor+Meeting&iso=20110515T14--