Old 05-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Adam Behnke

Default Record with multiple usb mics

i do a podcast and occasionally we record from the same location
instead via skype.

I was using Kristal to record but my winxp got borked.

does anyone know a simple solution to recording with 3 usb mics in
ubuntu-studio?

Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 PM
Daniel Worth

does anyone know a simple solution to recording with 3 usb mics in

ubuntu-studio?

This should get help get you started. http://alsa.opensrc.org/MultipleUSBAudioDevices

Daniel Worth
Host
The Open Source Musician Podcast

http://opensourcemusician.com

Old 05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Mike Holstein

i do a podcast and occasionally we record from the same location

instead via skype.

I was using Kristal to record but my winxp got borked.

does anyone know a simple solution to recording with 3 usb mics in

ubuntu-studio?

thats a great question... as a total sidenote, i did load kristal up once via wine and it seemed to work well... i would probably just plug them in, and see how pulse deals with them routing-wise (them = the USB mics) using something simple like audacity*... ideally, you would have JACK see them all*separately*and you can route them as you please to seperate tracks literally anywhere in any application JACK uses (which is most everything in the repos for audio) ... check around online for links to using multiple sound cards with JACK, and if you can make it onto the IRC, i can try and find some folks for you to talk to that have personally set up multiple cards with JACK... *its do-able i say...

MH
http://opensourcemusician.libsyn.com/http://wnclug.ourproject.org/

Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 PM
cenzo depa