Old 04-29-2011, 04:54 PM
Erik Rasmussen

Default Enable Desktop Compositing in Ubuntu Studio 11.04

I just installed Ubuntu Studio 11.04 amd64 and then I installed Docky. *Docky warned that Compositing was not enabled. *I could not seem to figure out how to get Desktop Compositing to "turn on". *Tried installing CompizConfig Settings Manager, but inside there it said Compositing was already enabled.

Then I found this linkhttp://marianochavero.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/a-simple-gui-for-unity-2d-settings-ubuntu-11-04/

and this little utility made it as simple to enable as a click. *(Now Docky works nicely as well as other desktop effects.)

Hope that is a help for you, if you run into the same issue.
If you have a better solution, please share it!

Old 05-04-2011, 12:55 AM
Brian David