-   -   Enable Desktop Compositing in Ubuntu Studio 11.04 (http://www.linux-archive.org/ubuntu-studio-user/519952-enable-desktop-compositing-ubuntu-studio-11-04-a.html)

Erik Rasmussen 04-29-2011 04:54 PM

Enable Desktop Compositing in Ubuntu Studio 11.04

I just installed Ubuntu Studio 11.04 amd64 and then I installed Docky. *Docky warned that Compositing was not enabled. *I could not seem to figure out how to get Desktop Compositing to "turn on". *Tried installing CompizConfig Settings Manager, but inside there it said Compositing was already enabled.

Then I found this linkhttp://marianochavero.wordpress.com/2011/04/20/a-simple-gui-for-unity-2d-settings-ubuntu-11-04/

and this little utility made it as simple to enable as a click. *(Now Docky works nicely as well as other desktop effects.)

Hope that is a help for you, if you run into the same issue.
If you have a better solution, please share it!

Brian David 05-04-2011 12:55 AM

Enable Desktop Compositing in Ubuntu Studio 11.04

I just installed Ubuntu Studio 11.04 amd64 and then I installed Docky. *Docky warned that Compositing was not enabled. *I could not seem to figure out how to get Desktop Compositing to "turn on". *Tried installing CompizConfig Settings Manager, but inside there it said Compositing was already enabled.

Not sure if this is true in Natty, as I have yet to try it, but can't you enable compositing by selecting anything but "None" under Visual Effects in the "Appearance" menu?

--
-Brian David