Old 04-29-2011, 03:56 PM
tommy

Default Reinstalling fresh

Thank you Ralf, I will try this after work today.

Old 04-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Ralf Mardorf

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 10:56 -0500, tommy wrote:
> Thank you Ralf, I will try this after work today.

spinymouse11.2@suse11-2:/boot> cat config-2.6.31.6-rt19 | grep HRTIMER
CONFIG_SND_HRTIMER=m
CONFIG_SND_SEQ_HRTIMER_DEFAULT=y
spinymouse11.2@suse11-2:/boot> cat config-2.6.31.6-rt19 | grep HPET
CONFIG_HPET_TIMER=y
CONFIG_HPET_EMULATE_RTC=y
CONFIG_HPET=y
CONFIG_HPET_MMAP=y

There're some other settings relevant too, regarding to the driver it
also might be, that you've got no module, because it's compiled within
the kernel. If it's like this CONFIG_SND_HRTIMER=m, you need to load it
manually.

Old 04-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Gustin Johnson

Try switching the video driver to the nouveau one. In the past I have
had a lot of similar issues with the proprietary driver combined with
the realtime kernels.

Old 04-29-2011, 10:19 PM
Ralf

On Fri, 2011-04-29 at 11:04 -0600, Gustin Johnson wrote:
> Try switching the video driver to the nouveau one. In the past I have
> had a lot of similar issues with the proprietary driver combined with
> the realtime kernels.

On Ubuntu Maverick I successfully used

2.6.33.7.2-rt30

but using audio PCI cards and my current

2.6.33.9-rt31

also seems to be ok with the FLOSS nv driver.

I couldn't build the proprietary nvidia driver for those kernels. I'm
doubtful regarding to nouveau.

Old 04-29-2011, 11:42 PM
Gustin Johnson

Nouveau stands a better chance of working. I had it running on 10.10
with a custom RT kernel (it worked fine with the stock one I just
needed lower latencies).