Old 04-18-2011, 12:14 AM
Fábio Magnoni

Default Presonus Firepod FP10

Hello guys,

Does anyone knows if Presonus Firepod FP10 works with Ubuntu Studio and Ardour 2 or Ardour 3?

Thanks!
--
Fábio Réa
Eng. de Computação - PUC-Campinas 2010

Wiki-keeper Ubuntu-BR-SP
http://wiki.ubuntu-br.org/UbuntuSP

Eu prefiro receber documentos em ODF. Não sabe o que é? -> http://miud.in/V1

Old 04-18-2011, 12:24 AM
Mike Holstein

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 8:14 PM, Fábio Magnoni <fabiohmagnoni@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello guys,

Does anyone knows if Presonus Firepod FP10 works with Ubuntu Studio and Ardour 2 or Ardour 3?

i have a firepod, which is supposed to be the same as the fp10, and the ffado site says 'reported to work' http://www.ffado.org/?q=node/317 ...its literally plug and play (the firepod) and works great with JACK. i have several texas instruments firewire chipsets, and i can get under 5ms latency stable when tracking 8 tracks at 24/96 (though i usually do 24/44.1) and i can push it to 1.2ms if needed for simpler projects where i need lower latency... i would say if you see a firepod or fp10 for around $200 or so US, grab it... even at around $400 US (approx list), the device is a lot of bang for the buck for a well supported linux device... *

Thanks!
--
Fábio Réa
Eng. de Computação - PUC-Campinas 2010