Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
"adam faranda"

Default quick terminology question.

I was looking through the bug fix thread for the intel hda chipset --
specifically for the ALC883 sound card:

3stack-dig 3-jack with SPDIF I/O
6stack-dig 6-jack digital with SPDIF I/O
3stack-6ch 3-jack 6-channel
3stack-6ch-dig 3-jack 6-channel with SPDIF I/O
6stack-dig-demo 6-jack digital for Intel demo board

What does 3stack 3jack mean ? is this referring to the number of
physical jacks into and out of the sound card, or to the number of
channels which the sound card can route? Also, are these parameters
which I need to manually edit within the main alsa configuration file?
Thanks in advance for any info.
-----Adam