Old 02-06-2008, 06:50 PM
"adam faranda"

Default Need help with my Ipod, id3 tags etc...

So I plugged my ipod into my laptop; studio had no problem mounting it,
and it read the file system no problem. I found all of my music in several sub folders
inside the folder Ipod_control, however all of the files had these weird names in some kind

of four letter code. However, audacious could play the files, and get song info from the ID3
tags. I was wondering if there was a program, or shell script or something that I could
use to automatically read the song / artist name from the ID3 tags, and re-name the files, so I

don't have to sit there and do it by hand. I was also wondering what program some of you
might recommend to manage my music collection, and interface with my ipod. I'm using the
standard gnome version of ubuntustudio.

Old 02-06-2008, 06:51 PM
"Cory K."

adam faranda wrote:
> So I plugged my ipod into my laptop; studio had no problem mounting it,
> and it read the file system no problem. I found all of my music in
> several sub folders
> inside the folder Ipod_control, however all of the files had these
> weird names in some kind
> of four letter code. However, audacious could play the files, and get
> song info from the ID3
> tags. I was wondering if there was a program, or shell script or
> something that I could
> use to automatically read the song / artist name from the ID3 tags,
> and re-name the files, so I
> don't have to sit there and do it by hand. I was also wondering what
> program some of you
> might recommend to manage my music collection, and interface with my
> ipod. I'm using the
> standard gnome version of ubuntustudio.

I'm sorry but this list if for multimedia production questions.

-Cory

Old 02-06-2008, 06:53 PM
"Christopher Stamper"

WINE+iTunes

lol

So I plugged my ipod into my laptop; studio had no problem mounting it,
and it read the file system no problem. I found all of my music in several sub folders
inside the folder Ipod_control, however all of the files had these weird names in some kind

of four letter code. However, audacious could play the files, and get song info from the ID3
tags. I was wondering if there was a program, or shell script or something that I could
use to automatically read the song / artist name from the ID3 tags, and re-name the files, so I

don't have to sit there and do it by hand. I was also wondering what program some of you
might recommend to manage my music collection, and interface with my ipod. I'm using the
standard gnome version of ubuntustudio.

Christopher Stamper
christopherstamper@gmail.com
http://tinyurl.com/2ooncg

Old 02-07-2008, 03:19 AM
"laurent.bellegarde"

adam faranda a écrit :
> So I plugged my ipod into my laptop; studio had no problem mounting it,
> and it read the file system no problem. I found all of my music in
> several sub folders
> inside the folder Ipod_control, however all of the files had these
> weird names in some kind
> of four letter code. However, audacious could play the files, and get
> song info from the ID3
> tags. I was wondering if there was a program, or shell script or
> something that I could
> use to automatically read the song / artist name from the ID3 tags,
> and re-name the files, so I
> don't have to sit there and do it by hand. I was also wondering what
> program some of you
> might recommend to manage my music collection, and interface with my
> ipod. I'm using the
> standard gnome version of ubuntustudio.
Hello,

I have an audio ipod 1Go nano. For connexion, transfering, editing
music, you can use, gtkpod, simple, working fast, or more complicated,
amarok, with many features for ipod and music in general.

The both software are in ubuntu repository and you can install them by
synaptic.

Bye, hope it help,

Laurent

Old 02-07-2008, 04:14 PM
"Leo germani"

I use RhythmBox wich works fine for me. And I like that its easy to copy songs from/to ipod, just drag & drop.

I dont use amarok, but it should have more features. But if you look for something simple, functional and well integrated with the desktop environment (gnome), rhythmbox is a good choice.

Leo,,

On Feb 7, 2008 12:19 AM, laurent.bellegarde <laurent.bellegarde@free.fr> wrote:

adam faranda a écrit :
> So I plugged my ipod into my laptop; studio had no problem mounting it,
> and it read the file system no problem. I found all of my music in
> several sub folders

> inside the folder Ipod_control, however all of the files had these
> weird names in some kind
> of four letter code. However, audacious could play the files, and get
> song info from the ID3
> tags. I was wondering if there was a program, or shell script or

> something that I could
> use to automatically read the song / artist name from the ID3 tags,
> and re-name the files, so I
> don't have to sit there and do it by hand. I was also wondering what

> program some of you
> might recommend to manage my music collection, and interface with my
> ipod. I'm using the
> standard gnome version of ubuntustudio.
Hello,

I have an audio ipod 1Go nano. For connexion, transfering, editing

music, you can use, gtkpod, simple, working fast, or more complicated,
amarok, with many features for ipod and music in general.

The both software are in ubuntu repository and you can install them by
synaptic.

Bye, hope it help,

Laurent

leogermani.pirex.com.br