Old 11-25-2007, 04:25 PM
"Cory K."

Default Please realize...

There have been a couple of posts from presumably new-to-linux users
making assumptions about how things work in Ubuntu Studio/Linux.

Now, while I will _never_ say there isn't a myriad of things that need
attention in linux in general "please realize" that linux is so
volunteer driven its crazy.

Specific to Ubuntu Studio:

* There are only 6 or so people that really work on it.
* 1 of which can be even remotely considered "full-time".
* The rest are students with various other demands on their schedule.

So you can see how while we would _love_ to work on the issues that are
repeatedly brought up but... we need help. Simple. If you want to see
the things in and around Ubuntu Studio you need to get involved. We only
have so much time.

So we will try to address things that we can handle and direct you to
places where either people can find the needed info or places where they
can get involved to help.

-Cory m/

Old 11-25-2007, 06:00 PM
"Edward Dunagin"

Hello Cory, Thanks for you note to the list.

On Nov 25, 2007 10:25 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> There have been a couple of posts from presumably new-to-linux users
> making assumptions about how things work in Ubuntu Studio/Linux.
>
> Now, while I will _never_ say there isn't a myriad of things that need
> attention in linux in general "please realize" that linux is so
> volunteer driven its crazy.
>
> Specific to Ubuntu Studio:
>
> * There are only 6 or so people that really work on it.
> * 1 of which can be even remotely considered "full-time".
> * The rest are students with various other demands on their schedule.
>
> So you can see how while we would _love_ to work on the issues that are
> repeatedly brought up but... we need help. Simple. If you want to see
> the things in and around Ubuntu Studio you need to get involved. We only
> have so much time.
>
> So we will try to address things that we can handle and direct you to
> places where either people can find the needed info or places where they
> can get involved to help.

I have used Linux since the early '90s but have only been using
UbuntuStudio since it came out.
I will help where I can, but some of the stuff I have forgotten with
age. I always read list mail to see if I can help or learn something.
I have learned a lot from this list and I thank you.

Peace................ed

Edward Dunagin-Dunigan-Dunnigan
4646 Glenwood Drive
Bozeman, MT 59718
mobile 406-570-0992
Landline 406-556-7282
http://doas.montanalinux.org

Old 11-25-2007, 06:25 PM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

Amen!

On Nov 25, 2007 6:25 PM, Cory K. <coryisatm@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> There have been a couple of posts from presumably new-to-linux users
> making assumptions about how things work in Ubuntu Studio/Linux.
>
> Now, while I will _never_ say there isn't a myriad of things that need
> attention in linux in general "please realize" that linux is so
> volunteer driven its crazy.
>
> Specific to Ubuntu Studio:
>
> * There are only 6 or so people that really work on it.
> * 1 of which can be even remotely considered "full-time".
> * The rest are students with various other demands on their schedule.
>
> So you can see how while we would _love_ to work on the issues that are
> repeatedly brought up but... we need help. Simple. If you want to see
> the things in and around Ubuntu Studio you need to get involved. We only
> have so much time.
>
> So we will try to address things that we can handle and direct you to
> places where either people can find the needed info or places where they
> can get involved to help.
>
> -Cory m/

Luis de Bethencourt Guimerá
luisbg
<luisbg@ubuntu.com>
GPG: B0ED1326

Old 11-26-2007, 02:08 AM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Sunday 25 November 2007, Cory K. wrote:
> * There are only 6 or so people that really work on it.

Whiner. WE WANT EVERYTHING FIXED PERFECTLY AND WE WANT IT WORKING IN 32.75
SECONDS AND NOT A MOMENT LONGER OR WE ARE ALL GOING BACK TO
WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ALSO WANT YOU TO PORT ARDOUR AND THE GIMP TO KDE IMMEDIATELY OR WE ARE
GOING BACK TO WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DON'T MAKE US GO BACK TO WINDOWS YOU WORTHLESS LAZY PILE OF MONKEY
DUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
AND DON'T USE A DAY JOB AS AN EXCUSE, BECASE U R ALL JST 2 LAZY 2 DO THE JOB
CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 MUCH TO
LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111 111111111

I decided to jump in and start a "Music Notation" page on the wiki, but I got
stumped immediately. I'm not sure how to flesh it out, since Gutsy doesn't
actually include two of the things I'd like to talk about, and I don't want
to come off as a Rosegarden fanboy. Even though I really am.
--
D. Michael McIntyre

Old 11-26-2007, 02:21 AM
"Cory K."

D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> On Sunday 25 November 2007, Cory K. wrote:
>
>> * There are only 6 or so people that really work on it.
>>

> Whiner. WE WANT EVERYTHING FIXED PERFECTLY AND WE WANT IT WORKING IN 32.75
> SECONDS AND NOT A MOMENT LONGER OR WE ARE ALL GOING BACK TO
> WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> WE ALSO WANT YOU TO PORT ARDOUR AND THE GIMP TO KDE IMMEDIATELY OR WE ARE
> GOING BACK TO WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>
> DON'T MAKE US GO BACK TO WINDOWS YOU WORTHLESS LAZY PILE OF MONKEY
> DUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
> AND DON'T USE A DAY JOB AS AN EXCUSE, BECASE U R ALL JST 2 LAZY 2 DO THE JOB
> CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 MUCH TO
> LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111 111111111

Oh yeah!? ***_MMA_ packs his toys and goes home.

> I decided to jump in and start a "Music Notation" page on the wiki, but I got
> stumped immediately. I'm not sure how to flesh it out, since Gutsy doesn't
> actually include two of the things I'd like to talk about, and I don't want
> to come off as a Rosegarden fanboy. Even though I really am.

What are you looking for? Maybe we can get it in? And talk about
Rosegarden. It's better than nothing. Or hell. Just point us to
Rosegarden documentation. Actually I'm gonna make a page for links to
upstream documentation.

-Cory m/

Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 AM
"Luis de Bethencourt"

On Nov 26, 2007 4:21 AM, Cory K. <coryisatm@nc.rr.com> wrote:
> D. Michael McIntyre wrote:
> > On Sunday 25 November 2007, Cory K. wrote:
> >
> >> * There are only 6 or so people that really work on it.
> >>

> > Whiner. WE WANT EVERYTHING FIXED PERFECTLY AND WE WANT IT WORKING IN 32.75
> > SECONDS AND NOT A MOMENT LONGER OR WE ARE ALL GOING BACK TO
> > WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > WE ALSO WANT YOU TO PORT ARDOUR AND THE GIMP TO KDE IMMEDIATELY OR WE ARE
> > GOING BACK TO WINDOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > DON'T MAKE US GO BACK TO WINDOWS YOU WORTHLESS LAZY PILE OF MONKEY
> > DUNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111
> > AND DON'T USE A DAY JOB AS AN EXCUSE, BECASE U R ALL JST 2 LAZY 2 DO THE JOB
> > CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 MUCH TO
> > LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111111111111111 111111111
> >

> Oh yeah!? ***_MMA_ packs his toys and goes home.
>
> > I decided to jump in and start a "Music Notation" page on the wiki, but I got
> > stumped immediately. I'm not sure how to flesh it out, since Gutsy doesn't
> > actually include two of the things I'd like to talk about, and I don't want
> > to come off as a Rosegarden fanboy. Even though I really am.

Can't you see he is just having excuses because he is 2 LAZY 2 DO THE
JOB CORRECT?
pfff... 1 MUCH TO LAZY!

He even doesn't try to use his day job as an excuse like in his other email.

I'm going back to Amiga.

Old 11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
"Cory K."

*This was sent right to me and not the list. -Cory*

Hey,

i've been using Ubuntu studio for a few months now. Even erased windows
completely. It's working great.

I did not realize so few people were working on it. I don't know what i
can do in a few year (who can look into the future?) but at the moment
and at least until next summer i could help with ubuntu studio if you
like.

I'm certain i could invest one evening each week, maybe more. At
critical times, like before a release, i can manage to spend every
evening on it for a few weeks.

What can i do? Well, i am a musician and a C++programmer, but i learned
the programming by myself so there are bound to be some gaps in my
education. Just recently i learned to compile my own programs with the
standard Autoconf utility, and i was able to make a package as part of
an experiment.

So undoubtly i would need some guidance if I get involved, but maybe
there are some things I can do to help. I also do not know what exactly
is involved with making ubuntu studio, so maybe i could do other things
than what I currently think of.

I am looking forward to your answer/suggestions.

Regards,

yvan vander sanden

Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 PM
"gabriel moreira"

I am not a programmer, I think I canīt help you so much.* But, last week I thought about buying a Ubuntu Studio coat I saw in a photo.
But, here in Brazil I couldnīt find the coat. Gotta make one for myself.
The whole thing about the coat is to say that I am here to engage the Ubuntu Studio team the ways I can do that. Itīs to early for me to use binaries and thing like that, but anyway Iīm here for what I can help. Just because, my midi is working well, ardour is recording fine and I spent the last 5 months implementing Linux and learning many things with that.

Best compliments,

Gabriel

Old 11-27-2007, 12:14 AM
"Christopher Stamper"

So, what needs done? A list would be helpful.

Don't have much time, but maybe something...

On Nov 26, 2007 8:00 AM, gabriel moreira <bilico97@gmail.com

christopherstamper@gmail.com

http://tinyurl.com/39h3eg

Old 11-27-2007, 02:33 AM
"D. Michael McIntyre"

On Monday 26 November 2007, Christopher Stamper wrote:

> So, what needs done? A list would be helpful.

I expect the first thing that really needs doing is to start a list of what
probably needs doing, so everybody can argue about it until nobody winds up
doing anything.

Or maybe that's just at Rosegarden.

I hope.
--