Old 02-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Karlheinz Noise

Default FireWire Solo (thomas fisher)

> I believe part of the problem is the electronic noise inside the case. Most
> of the breakout box s are appealing to the higher fidelity users.

Actually, I think the common belief is that if you're mounting something into a PC, it'll be via a PCI card, which has far superior data transfer rates than either FireWire or USB. So, the connections would all be on the back, unless you get a PC that has a front-facing PCI slot (which I have never seen).

If you are going to go the PCI route, I use and recommend the M-Audio Audiophile:
http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/Audiophile2496-main.html

FireWire and USB devices seem to be geared toward laptop users and/or live performance.

-Karlheinz