Old 11-25-2007, 11:31 AM
"Fabio Buda [mbutUbuntu]"

Default Problems with Qsampler

Hello folks, i've just upgraded my ubuntustudio to gutsy and I
discovered that Qsampler is automaticallu installed...

On feisty I installed Qsampler but there was an error, also on gutsy I
have the same problem...

The complete Message is:

Could not connect to server as client, Sorry
lscp_client_create: cmd: connect: Connection refused

Old 11-25-2007, 12:32 PM

On Sun, 25 Nov 2007 13:31:50 +0100
"Fabio Buda [mbutUbuntu]" <mbutubuntu@yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hello folks, i've just upgraded my ubuntustudio to gutsy and I
> discovered that Qsampler is automaticallu installed...
>
> On feisty I installed Qsampler but there was an error, also on gutsy I
> have the same problem...
>

> The complete Message is:
>
> Could not connect to server as client, Sorry
> lscp_client_create: cmd: connect: Connection refused

This is a common problem.
Qsampler uses linuxsampler as backend but linuxsampler can't be
included due to license issues.
You need to install linuxsampler if you want to use qsampler.
It is not in any official repository but I read (on this list or lau I
think) that there are working packages around.

regards
Philipp

Old 11-25-2007, 04:58 PM
"holotone@gmail.com"

I used the deb found here, which worked marvelously:

http://ubuntu2.cica.es/ubuntu/ubuntu/pool/universe/l/linuxsampler/

~h

http://holotone.net/