Old 11-24-2007, 10:43 PM
Pietro Bergamo

Default Res: Notation Software

I'm very glad to see this discussion about notation here. I really miss a good notation software and think this prevents many*musicians from switching to Linux. I don't know how many Ubuntu Studio users care for notation (I think many do), but I'm pretty sure most musicians nowadays*rely on notation softwares to do their job, which I believe is reason enough for taking this subject seriously.
I know nearly nothing about software development, but as a musician I'm looking forward for a free software competing with Finale or Sibelius, in the same level as Open Office does with Microsoft Office.
I'm sure*we are on the way.
Cheers and thanks for all the efforts you guys have been making.
Pietro