Old 01-21-2008, 05:52 PM
"Cory K."

Default Open Movie Editor vs. Kdenlive.

Ok. We need a serious technical look at these two to replace PiTiVi in
Ubuntu Studio-Hardy.

Open Movie Editor - http://openmovieeditor.sourceforge.net

KDEnlive - http://www.kdenlive.org

I'd also like to reference -
http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/consortium/2008-January/001842.html
as having some good points. ie: OME has JACK support.

-Cory m/

Old 01-21-2008, 06:22 PM
"Jonathan Musther"

KDEnlive is great, but it has two problems (for us).* Firstly, it's a KDE app, and so doesn't integrate as well as it could into Gnome (having said that, neither does Open Movie Editor).* Secondly, it tends to crash quite a lot at the moment.* Despite those drawbacks, it is the best armature video editor we have IMHO.*

Open Movie Editor just isn't as good.

And PiTiVi...* well I've never been able to use it for anything, it crashes a lot too, but even when it's not crashing, it's not being any use, again, that's just MHO.

Ok. We need a serious technical look at these two to replace PiTiVi in
Ubuntu Studio-Hardy.

Open Movie Editor - http://openmovieeditor.sourceforge.net

KDEnlive - http://www.kdenlive.org

I'd also like to reference -

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/consortium/2008-January/001842.html
as having some good points. ie: OME has JACK support.

-Cory m/

Slingshot - a unique game everyone enjoys *- and it's free :-)

http://www.slingshot-game.org

Old 01-21-2008, 11:12 PM
"Wouter Stomp"

On Jan 21, 2008 8:22 PM, Jonathan Musther <jmusther@gmail.com> wrote:
> KDEnlive is great, but it has two problems (for us). Firstly, it's a KDE
> app, and so doesn't integrate as well as it could into Gnome (having said
> that, neither does Open Movie Editor). Secondly, it tends to crash quite a
> lot at the moment.

A lot of crash causing bugs are fixed in svn. It would help if the
Ubuntu package would be updated to the latest svn version.

Wouter.