Old 01-21-2008, 01:53 AM
raydar

Default all things to all OSs--do I want it?

I've got a chance to try a Celeron D machine with a Hack.int.0sh boot
ROM, which I reckon could be dual booted w/Ubuntu Studio (or even triple
with Windows), provided that the ROM would be compatible. 400Mbps
Firewire, USB, Bluetooth, lotsa RAM etc. I was weighing upgrading from
my AthlonXP 2100+ machine anyway, 'cause Gnome's just not snappy (KDE is
faster on it), & pondering how many cores and bits to worry about
processorwise, when this came up. I'm not much of a Mac guy, but with
the option to run 3 different OSs unemulated, this sounds like a rather
uniquely audio-experimentingly fun machine; but I don't know what I'm
talking about as far as the realtime kernel's being happy and such.
Thoughts? (In particular, anybody try Ubuntu with that boot ROM?)