Old 01-20-2008, 02:54 PM
"Ari Enqvist"

Default Problem with Jack. (status=256)

Hello,

Jack gives me error "Post-shutdown script terminated with exit status=256

" when using hw:0.0. With Hw:0.2 everything works fine.

I think Hw:0.0 is reserved to system sound, so how I change default
channel to hw:0.2? Or how to set system sounds fully disabled to get
main channels available.

I've already removed asound.conf and esd.conf files, but sounds are
still working. Is something changed with Ubuntu? I though those file
were important to sounds. If I remember correctly, with my old computer
main channel was changed with asound.conf or esd.conf file.

My sound card is Hoontech ST audio DSP24 value (It uses envy24) and distribution Gutsy.

Please help me. Sound quality from channel hw:0.2 is from ***, so I need to get hw:0.0 work. Hydrogen is waiting for me..