Old 01-19-2008, 09:42 PM
méliska

Default problems with multiface

Yep!

I'm a french user of Ubuntu Studio (that explain my horrific english)
I'm using a Multiface I (RME) wich works fine with some linux distributions (Jack-lab, Musix, (((Windoz)))) but I've got problems with routing of HDSPmixer in Ubuntu.
I think version of alsa-driver (1.0.15) and alsa-tools (1.0.14) are not compatible.

What's happen? "Playback" or "Line-In" channels don't send signal in right out channel. For exemple first playback channel plays toward out analog channel "1+2" but only the adat channel "7" receive sound! (Adat channel "7" receive almost playback-channels so it saturates!)

That's not an hardware failure since all is OK with the other distribution... I like this linux distribution and I'm beginning an important work with theater so I need your help!!!

Thanks for your reading...

Amélie

Old 01-19-2008, 10:55 PM
thomas fisher

On Saturday 19 January 2008 15:42:51 méliska wrote:
> Yep!
>
> I'm a french user of Ubuntu Studio (that explain my horrific english)
> I'm using a Multiface I (RME) wich works fine with some linux distributions
> (Jack-lab, Musix, (((Windoz)))) but I've got problems with routing of
> HDSPmixer in Ubuntu. I think version of alsa-driver (1.0.15) and alsa-tools
> (1.0.14) are not compatible.
>
> What's happen? "Playback" or "Line-In" channels don't send signal in right
> out channel. For exemple first playback channel plays toward out analog
> channel "1+2" but only the adat channel "7" receive sound! (Adat channel
> "7" receive almost playback-channels so it saturates!)
>
> That's not an hardware failure since all is OK with the other
> distribution... I like this linux distribution and I'm beginning an
> important work with theater so I need your help!!!
>
> Thanks for your reading...
>
> Amélie
You might check here:

I found this on the LAU archive:
http://lalists.stanford.edu/lau/2007/05/0401.html

The archive and Linux Audio Users list is:
http://lad.linuxaudio.org/index.html

Hope this helps
Tom