Old 07-08-2010, 01:26 PM
teza

Default Traverso

Hi, I would like to find a version of Traverso who's working, because
the one in UBS is buggy and doesn't work at all.
If you got a link for a deb package.
Thanks
Regards
Teza

Old 07-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Scott Lavender

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM, teza <tsaliou75@orange.fr> wrote:

Hi, I would like to find a version of Traverso who's working, because

the one in UBS is buggy and doesn't work at all.

If you got a link for a deb package.

Thanks

Regards

Teza
Bonjour Teza,

I had meant to reply to a previous email of yours regarding Traverso but I had not.* I apologize for that.* However, I have some information about Traverso that you might find of interest.

Firstly, you may find the latest (in Debian) Traverso here:
http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/traverso

At the bottom of the page is a link to .deb files for different architectures.* As far as I can tell, this is the latest stable release for Traverso (shown as 0.49.1 on their download page).

After talking with an individual named Hollunder in the #opensourcemusicians IRC channel, who seems quite knowledgeable about Traverso, I learned that the version in Ubuntu in Karmic and Lucid (0.49.0~rc1) was a release candidate known and acknowledged to be buggy by upstream.

However, the current version (0.49.1) is now in Maverick (thanks Debian Multimedia Team!).

I hope you find this information useful.

Regards,
ScottL

*

Old 07-08-2010, 07:11 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

Scott Lavender wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 8:26 AM, teza <tsaliou75@orange.fr
> <mailto:tsaliou75@orange.fr>> wrote:
>
> Hi, I would like to find a version of Traverso who's working, because
> the one in UBS is buggy and doesn't work at all.
> If you got a link for a deb package.
> Thanks
> Regards
> Teza
>

> Bonjour Teza,
>
> I had meant to reply to a previous email of yours regarding Traverso
> but I had not. I apologize for that. However, I have some
> information about Traverso that you might find of interest.
>
> Firstly, you may find the latest (in Debian) Traverso here:
> http://packages.debian.org/squeeze/traverso
>
> At the bottom of the page is a link to .deb files for different
> architectures. As far as I can tell, this is the latest stable
> release for Traverso (shown as 0.49.1 on their download page).

Hi Scott and Teza,

I haven't tested yet the package, but amd64 and i386 release of this
package are now available on lprod.org lucid repository.

Teza, could you test the install from lprod.org repository ?

Bye and thanks.

Laurent

Old 07-08-2010, 08:07 PM
teza

Hi Laurent, I've got a problem installing Traverso from Lprod
repository, wrong lib
traverso:
Dépend : libjack0 (>=0.118.0) mais 0.118+svn3796-1ubuntu2 doit être
installé
Try to find it somewhere.
Thanks
rgards
Teza

.................................................. ............

Old 07-08-2010, 08:17 PM
teza

Hi Scott, the debian package won't install as the version of libjack0 is
not the same.
Do you have an idea hox to fix that. Actually I think is a bit of shame
to have bugs like that in an Lts release, I really like Traverso.
Everybody talk about Ardour who's a really great soft, but Traverso is
really good and powerful piece of software and works very well on an
eeepc for exemple.
Thanks for your help
Regards
Teza

.................................................. .......................

Old 07-08-2010, 10:59 PM
"laurent.bellegarde"

teza wrote:
> Hi Laurent, I've got a problem installing Traverso from Lprod
> repository, wrong lib
> traverso:
> Dépend : libjack0 (>=0.118.0) mais 0.118+svn3796-1ubuntu2 doit être
> installé
> Try to find it somewhere.
> Thanks
> rgards
> Teza

I've put on lprod repository the libjack0 coming from debian squezee.
Told me tomorrow if it's good.

Laurent

Old 07-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Scott Lavender

Hi Scott, the debian package won't install as the version of libjack0 is

not the same.

Do you have an idea hox to fix that. Actually I think is a bit of shame

to have bugs like that in an Lts release, I really like Traverso.

Everybody talk about Ardour who's a really great soft, but Traverso is

really good and powerful piece of software and works very well on an

eeepc for exemple.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Teza

Okay, i've built traversio-0.49.1 in lucid.

You can find it in my ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~slavender/+archive/lucid/+packages

Regards,
ScottL

Old 07-09-2010, 01:04 AM
Scott Lavender

Hi Scott, the debian package won't install as the version of libjack0 is

not the same.

Do you have an idea hox to fix that. Actually I think is a bit of shame

to have bugs like that in an Lts release, I really like Traverso.

Everybody talk about Ardour who's a really great soft, but Traverso is

really good and powerful piece of software and works very well on an

eeepc for exemple.

Thanks for your help

Regards

Teza

Okay, i've built traversio-0.49.1 in lucid.

You can find it in my ppa:
https://launchpad.net/~slavender/+archive/lucid/+packages

Regards,
ScottL

I would be remiss to not mention that this is built completely on Canonical build farm in Lucid so there shouldn't be any weird version incompatibilities.

Please note that both Debian and Ubuntu are shifting to a new version of jack which may be screwing up libraries moving backwards to Lucid.* However, since I only took the source code from Maverick and built it in Lucid it should work fine.

ScottL

Old 07-09-2010, 02:07 AM
Kenneth Koym

Scott, Laurent, Teza: this afternoon I downloaded Traverso as recommended running Lucid UStu 10.04.1; didn't get a change, i.e., working response. Not sure where this is leading.

Ken

Old 07-09-2010, 03:24 AM
Scott Lavender